A Lingering Question

The days seemed to blur by as Jaidyn was consumed with duties

The days seemed to blur by as Jaidyn was consumed with duties. Jaidyn knew that Ned, Robb and Maester Luwin were trying to pull Caitlyn away from Bran but her good mother wanted to stay where she was. Every time one of them told her otherwise she would insist on her handling it. Jaidyn was grateful that every night she was able to lay beside her husband. The couple would then talk about their day and by the end they would be lost in each other. Jaidyn knew the consequences of their actions but it seemed to be a little thought in her mind.

Soon enough it was time for the Stark family to leave Winterfell. Jaidyn's heart felt heavy with sadness. She did not want them to leave but it was inevitable. Since Ned had announced he was taking the Hands' position she dreaded this day.

That morning she had spent some time with the two Stark girls. Jaidyn had presented the girls with wolf pendants and gave them long hugs memorizing their faces. Silent tears were shed but they all promised to write letters. Arya didn't want to leave but Jaidyn managed to reinsure her that it was an adventure worth telling. Sansa seemed to be more than ecstatic about going in hopes of one day marrying Joffrey. Jaidyn did not like the way the young prince presented himself but tried not to crush the young girl's dreams. Instead she gave her words of caution and strength hoping she would not lose herself among the capital.

The last weeks for Jaidyn were spent among her family. She wanted many memories to be able to look back onto. Before the days were over she would spend some time in the Godswood praying to the Gods that no harm come among her family. She would also pray that they watch for Bran, her worry seemed to grow daily as Caitlyn always refused to leave his side. Jaidyn would sometimes sit by his bedside after praying but before she went to her bedchambers. At nights, she was thankful for her husband being beside her.

The news of Jon Snow had also seemed to be a concern for Jaidyn. The two had been close for as long as she could remember. She would never want him to be unhappy but she was just concerned for his sake. Granted she had been avoiding the boy but she was trying to come to terms with him taking the Black. But from the past days she had been talking to him once more. She did not want to say her farewells to him but knew the time was coming when she entered the courtyard.

She had seen him walking with his saddle on his shoulder alongside Robb. Taking a deep breath she made her way to the two.

"You say good-bye to Bran? He's not going to die I know it." Robb had stated.

"You Starks are hard to kill." Jon commented while holding up the saddle.

"I'll say." Jaidyn said causing both boys to look to her, grins appearing on their face. Jaidyn stood beside Robb as he began to question once more. "My mother?"