New Power In The North

Jaidyn closed the door as quietly as she could

Jaidyn closed the door as quietly as she could. It was absolutely devasating to hear about the date of Ned Stark but there was nothing they could do. She didn't want to be the one to tell the boys about the tragic news but who else would.

With a heavy heart, she told them the truth. Bran had not shown emotion to the news and instead retired to his room. Jaidyn felt that he was too busy trying to prove that he was mature and instead the news had really hurt him. She wanted him to show some emotion so that she had a better idea to help him.

Instead of following after Bran, her attention went to Rickon in the moment. The small boy had crumbled in her arms with tears streaming down his face. She soothed him as best as she could until she was able to get him back into his room. There she sat by his side until he had fallen asleep.

She made her way down the corridors until she found herself outside Bran's room. She knocked on the door but received no answer. Carefully, she opened the door and peered inside. He laid on the bed with silent tears streaming down his face. She entered the room and approached his bed. Once she was seated on the edge of the bed, Bran moved toward her and cried into her stomach. Soothing him the best she could Jaidyn rubbed his back and ran her fingers gently in his hair.

"I hate them. I hate them all. I wished they had never come to Winterfell." Bran stated, he hated the fact that his family was being tore apart because of the royal family.

"They will pay Bran. Mark my words the Lannisters will pay for what they have done." Jaidyn vowed to the small boy.

The Lannisters would pay for what they had done to this family even if it meant they had to wait. They would be a force in the north that could outmatch the Lannisters and their army, Jaidyn could feel it.

It only made her want to fight alongside Robb more. It was what she trained for her whole life yet she there she sat idly by waiting for any news to come.

《 Northern's camp 》

"The proper course is clear, pledge fealty to King Renly and move south to join forces with his." A Lord spoke out among them.

Since the mission to rescue Ned and the girls from Kings Landing had failed, people began to wonder what action would ensure them victory. Who to ally themselves with and who to support.

Robb sat listening to the Lord speak but his mind drifted to his wife that he missed. It had been devastating to hear the news of his father and he wondered how those in Winterfell took it. He wished that Jaidyn had been there to comfort him but he knew that she'd be comforting his brothers and that eased his pain. He didn't want them to handle this by themselves.