A Dire Moment

Jaidyn spent the day dealing with wedding matters, so when Caitlyn allowed the girl a break, she did not waste a second leaving

Jaidyn spent the day dealing with wedding matters, so when Caitlyn allowed the girl a break, she did not waste a second leaving. She had not seen Bran since the courtyard so Jaidyn decided to find him. Since Ned had accepted the role of the Hand of the King, the younger Stark family excluding Robb and Jon would be leaving. Jaidyn wanted to spend as much time as she possibly could with them. But Bran seemed to be distant with her and she was determined to find out why.

After looking just about everywhere, she was going to head inside when she noticed Greywind acting strange. Her attention was focused on Greywind that she did not see the other direwolf approach behind her until she felt the pull on her skirt. She tried to free her dress but the direwolf would not let her. He pulled and pulled her in a direction so she reluctantly began to follow.

The direwolf pulled her outside the castle walls and recognized the direction she knew where she was being led to. The Broken Tower had not entered her mind when searching for Bran. Just looking at the behavior of the direwolf caused the uneasy feeling to rise back into her stomach.

Her face paled as they approached the tower. At the bottom of the tower laid her worst nightmare. Brandon Stark sprawled out not moving.

Her throat felt dry that she couldn't scream nor did she want to. A whisper could barely be heard as Bran's name left her mouth.

Before she knew it, she was kneeling beside his body praying that she found any sign of life. And just as she was about to give up all hope there was a faint thumping against her fingers that were placed on his neck.

A sigh of relief left her mouth as he looked around her. She needed to get help but she would not leave Bran alone. Her head turned to the two direwolf that sat beside her.

"Go find Maester Luwin and Lady Stark now." She told the two pups hoping they understood. She closed her eyes as they turn and ran toward the castle.

In that moment, Jaidyn felt hopeless. There was nothing she could do but wait hoping that the direwolfs will return with someone. Silent tears began to roll down her face as she looked at Bran's face.

Jaidyn was too focused on Bran that she hadn't seen Maester Luwin approach. Her head snapped up when the Maester knelt down on the opposite side of her. The Maester eyes kept switched between Bran and Jaidyn before settling on the tower behind him.

It was then that Jaidyn heard a scream rip through the air. She stood up shakily as Caitlyn Stark approached. "Jaidyn, go and find more people to help us move him inside." Maester Luwin spoke as his eyes settled on Bran again. Without a moment to waste, Jaidyn ran to find anyone she could.