Changes

Jaidyn sat with the papers scattered around her desk

Jaidyn sat with the papers scattered around her desk. Her concentration pulled from the tasks that she oversees being the Lady of Winterfell. Her mind only focused on the information that Maester Luwin had given them and the letter she had received. She could feel it something stir inside her. Something she needed to be prepared for.

A heavy sigh passed her lips as she got up from the chair, she needed a break. She left the room with no destination in mind and hoping no one would stop her. Down corridors and passed rooms, she was lead outside. The air felt good on her skin as she stepped out. This was what she needed to clear her head.

It was only a few minutes till her moment was ruined. She closed her eyes briefly trying to compose herself before she turned to the person. There stood one of the blacksmiths that they had used often to make their weapons.

"My Lady, the saddler is done with the saddle that you requested. I can take you to it if you'd like to see it." He addressed her.

With all that was going on, she had forgotten about the saddle that would help Bran ride again. The younger boy had loved everything about becoming a fighter but now he had to make adjustments. With a small smile, she nodded her head and followed after him. She hoped that he would be excited to ride again.

The design of the saddle amazed her. She sent off a person to fetch Hodor so that they could bring the product to Bran. When he arrived he sent Jaidyn a cheerful smile that made the girl reciprocate the action. Together they made their way to Bran's room.

When they reached the door, Jaidyn went to knock but Hodor couldn't seem to contain his excitement as he burst through the door. Jaidyn shook her head with a chuckle but followed behind him. Her smile grew when she noticed the smile on Bran's face. He needed a moment of happiness especially with their recent news about Ned.

With Hodor's arms full of the saddle and Jaidyn being pregnant someone had to come in to help with Bran. Together they made their way to the stables where the saddle would be fitted onto a horse.

"Do you think I can really ride and fight?" Bran questioned Jaidyn as they sat side by side waiting.

"Yes and you will learn to fight. You just have to learn how to a different way." Jaidyn spoke in a comforting tone.

It was a moment of silence before Bran asked the inevitable question. "Is it true about what happened to father? I heard a couple of the maids talking about this rumor."

Jaidyn sighed heavily when she heard what he said. She didn't want him and Rickon to know about this bad news until the time was right. She had set Rickon up with someone she could trust who wouldn't breath a word about the news but there wasn't much she could do to prevent the news from getting to Bran.