A Royal Pardon

《 Across the Narrow Sea 》

Jorah walked alongside Daenerys as they made their way into the market. The girl was at an impasse with Khal Drogo.

"Can't you help me make him understand?" She seek guidance from Jorah. 

"The Dorthraki do things in their own time, for their own reasons. Have patience, Khalessi. We will go home, I promise you." He advised the best he could.

"My brother was a fool, I know, but he was the rightful heir to the seven kingdoms." Daenerys expressed causing him to chuckle slightly. "Have I said something funny, ser?"

"Forgive me, Khalessi, but your ancestor Aegon the conqueror didn't seize six of the kingdoms because they were his right. He had no right to them. He seized them because he could." Jorah explained.

"And because he had dragons." She added in.

"Ah, well, having a few dragons makes things easier." He agreed casually.

"You don't believe it." Daenerys picked up on the tone lingering in his voice.

"Have you seen a dragon, Khalessi? I believe what my eyes and ears report." He supported his statement. "As for the rest, it was three hundred years ago, who knows what really happened?"

His eyes were darting around the market in search of something.

"Now if you'll pardon me. I'll seek out the merchant captain, see if he has a letter for me." He excused himself. He had been more than anxious to see if his daughter had gotten his letter. More even more nervous to see if she would reply.

"I'll come with you." She tried to follow wanting to discuss the matter further.

"No, no, don't trouble yourself. Enjoy the market. I'll rejoin you soon enough." He protested. If Jaidyn did write him back, he thought it best if he read it without someone overlooking.

With that he left and made his way through the market. He located the area where the captain would be and approached not seeing the eyes on him. It wasn't till the boy announced his presence that he focused on him.

"Jorah the Andal. The Spider sends his greetings and his congratulations." The boy addressed before holding out a scroll. "A royal pardon. You can go home now."

Jorah grabbed ahold of the scroll in shock. He had hoped that one day he would get a pardon to return home. So when the opportunity from the Spider came to him he thought it'd be worth it. He traded information about Daenerys for a chance to be with his daughter again. But now with the scroll in his hands he wondered if it was the right choice.