Her Chance

Jaidyn had paced around the castle since Ser Rodrik had left

Jaidyn had paced around the castle since Ser Rodrik had left. An odd feeling in her bones set her on edge. Something was happening and she felt very ill prepared.

Her suspicions were only confirmed true, not long after. A rather small boy came running into the courtyard panicked and frightened.

"Help. Someone has to help. Please." He expressed crying out to anyone around.

She made her way over and crouched beside him hoping to calm him down. She needed to get answers

"What is it? What happened?" She asked soothingly as he took deep breaths.

"Raiders. In my village. You have to help my family." He stated quickly.

"Which village?" She ask think whoever attacked Torrhen's Square had abandon that stronghold and were making their way there.

"Torringwood." He stated giving her all she needed.

It was a small village laying in the middle of Winterfell and Hornwood. But the Lord of Hornwood oversees the villages in close proximity and Torringwood lies right on that border. He would be the one to send out a party to defend that village, but like most houses in the North, he is marching beside Robb. And Jaidyn being Queen of the North, had to defend it.

That's where Maester Luwin found her after hearing about another village attack. He entered the room where the people would request assistance and looking ready to fight. Her dress had been replaced by her armored clothes she had made. Her hair slicked back and out of her way. And a sword attached at her hip with a bow and quiver laying on the table.

"You cannot do this. This is madness." He tried to reason.

"Ser Rodrik left with 200 men in the opposite direction, if no one defenses this village and those people die, then what does that tell the people of the North. That you have to be behind walls to be safe. That they should abandon their livelihoods in order to be safe." She stated fully intent on going through with her plan. "How can I be the Queen of the North if I allow innocents to die?"

"I am only looking out for your safety." Maester Luwin pointed out his standing.

She didn't stay anything to him but went over to where a map was laid out. She knew he would mention something about her safety.

"The village he speaks about lies under a ridge with a vantage point. If I can get there quickly enough I wouldn't have to do any close combat. I can help these people using my bow and arrow." She explained her plan thoroughly to him.