Looks Can Be Deceiving

A group sat in a corner of the small inn

A group sat in a corner of the small inn. Despite the protest of the ranger, Jaidyn had wanted to find out some news in the North.

It had been a few days since they had their run in with the men heading toward Winterfell. The queen was anxious to know any information about the castle or even the boys. What better place to hear news than an inn that was frequently used.

Their journey was almost complete. The war camp was not more than a day away at Jaidyn's last correspondence with Robb.

Hoods covered their heads as they waited. It wasn't long till a group entered and was seemingly drinking their weight in ale. The inn became alive with loud talks and drunken laughter.

"Those Ironborn bastards ran off with their tails between their legs. Didn't even put up a fight." One exclaimed loudly.

"The only one left was the Greyjoy whore. His men left him for dead." Another added.

"If they hadn't had left, I would've enjoyed sticking my blade in their belly. Those Kraken wenches need to learn that there will only be one King in the North." This caused the others to cheer loudly before taking a drink.

Though the information was great for Jaidyn to hear, she still hadn't heard about the boys. She didn't care about the castle, she cared about its occupants.

"What about the two lords and the queen?" Stryder asked noticing the worry on Jaidyn's face. He didn't want her to question and draw attention to herself.

The question was loud enough for the others to hear as they turned to look at him. All assessing the newcomer who decided on inserting himself into the conversation.

"What's it to you?" One questioned back.

"Just wondering about the what the Ironborn might've done to the queen." He stated before pulling out a few coins.

The men smirked slightly at the money wanting for to drink. "They were not found. The queen probably ran off with another. The heir probably isn't the king's. You can never trust the Mormonts in anything except a fight."

Jaidyn clenched her jaw before she picked up her cup and took a drink. She decided to ignore their ignorance and focus on the fact that Bran and Rickon might still be alive.

Stryder looked at Jaidyn before grabbing a few coins and holding them to a nearby waitress. "Give a round to my friends. For their bravery in retaking the castle."

They all cheered loudly before going back to themselves. The boys looked the Jaidyn and Styrder waiting for what they might do. But they simply drank their drinks before going to leave.