Dark Wings Dark Words

《 Winterfell 》

Winterfell

Time was a luxury that Jaidyn seemed to have now. With many strongholds in the North marching to the South, there were only the small problems within Winterfell that were left to Bran. Maester Luwin thought it'd be best that he deal with the matters to learn.

She had made a point to continue to visit the market for a letter from her father but it never seemed to come. She didn't know why it meant so much to her but it did.

A knock sounded from her door. She stood from her spot at the desk and approached. Maester Luwin stood at the door and held a package in his hands.

Allowing his entry, the maester placed the object on the bed and handed her a letter. He gave her a kind smile before leaving her alone.

She stared at the bed before opening the letter. The name made her hesitant to read.

Jaidyn, I know you may not know about me but I know about you.

My name is Jeor Mormont, I am your grandfather. I am the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. I have known about you since you were a babe but have never had the pleasure to meet you, circumstances had made it difficult.

Now, I am informed that you a married. I hope you will accept my congratulations and also this gift.

I had this made after your birth but have never had the chance to give it to you. Never forget who you are bear.

Jeor Mormont, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

Jaidyn set the letter down and went to unwrap the gift. She pulled back the cloth until a handle was visible. Her hand wrapped around it and she pulled it out. The blade was long and well crafted in Varyian steel.

She smiled at the sword and took a step back. Swinging the blade around, testing it's weight and balance. It was perfect.

Her grandfather had given her a sword. Now all she needed was an opportunity to use it.

Northern's Camp 》

The Northern's camp moved gradually as time passed but have halted at the twins. Despite Walder Frey being Catelyn's father's bannerman, it seems as he was reluctant to aide them. They needed a way across and they needed it now. The Lannisters were already occuping two encampments. This led Catelyn to enter the twins with intentions to get them across.