Every Step Of The Way

《 Kings Landing 》

《 Kings Landing 》

Arya was in her room after being sent there during dinner. Since they got to Kings Landing, she has hated it more and more. She missed Winterfell, her brothers, and Jaidyn.

She pulled Needle from its sheath and remembered Jaidyn's words. The older girl had told her to continue practicing whenever she could. Which was what she was doing when the whole mess with Joffrey happened.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on her door. She didn't want to face a scolding so she snapped at the person. "Go away."

"Arya, open the door." Her father's voice sounded. Arya sighed but went to open the door nonetheless. "May I come in?" He asked carefully. Once he was inside he saw the sword in her hand and questioned. "Whose sword is that?"

"Mine." She said simply.

"Give it to me." He said to her. He analyzed it carefully before commenting. "I know this maker's mark. This is Mikken's work. Where did you get this? This is no toy. Little ladies shouldn't be playing with swords."

"I wasn't playing." Anya argued. "And I don't want to be a lady. I want to be a fighter like Jaidyn."

Ned had a small smile on his face at her answer. The young girl had always looked up to Jaidyn since Jaidyn first started training. "Come here. And what do you want with this?"

"It's called Needle." She said seated beside him.

"A blade with a name. And who were you hoping to skewer with Needle? Your sister? Do you know the first thing about sword fighting."

"Stick em with the pointy end." She said quickly repeating Jon's words.

Ned laughed at her answer. "That's the essence of it."

"I was trying to learn. Jaidyn was teaching me but then we left and she told me to keep practicing. So I asked Mycah to practice with me. I asked him. It was my fault." Arya said remembering Mycah.

"No sweet girl. No, no you didn't kill the butcher's boy." He said quickly after his daughter's confession.

"I hate them. I hate all of them. The Hound. The queen and the king and Joffrey and Sansa." Arya listed off.

"Sansa was dragged before the king and the queen and asked to call the prince a liar." Ned reasoned.

"So was I. He is a liar." She argued back.