The News of the Bears

《 Kings Landing 》

《 Kings Landing 》

Arya Stark had been training and training as hard as she could since her father had set her up with Ser Syrio. She had remembered her training with Jaidyn and she wished that the older girl was there to help her get better. The little girl also knew how great of a warrior Jai was and how much she wanted to be the same.

With that in mind, she had her mind set on getting better in every way. Now here she was chasing after cats. She needed to be quick so she spent her free time chasing all the cats within the Red Keep. So on this particular day she was chasing a cat when it lead her down towards the dungeons. She hadn't yet explored this part of the castle.

When she glanced up her eyes widened at the sight in front of her. It was a dragon skull. She had heard all the tales surrounding dragons but never thought she would see one for herself. Yet here one was in front of her.

Her fascination and awe was cut short when she heard voices coming her direction. Quickly, she moved forward to hide behind the teeth as she tried to listen to their conversation.

"He's found one bastard already. He has the book. The rest will come." Arya heard one say but she wasn't able to identify who spoke.

"And when he knows the truth, what will he do?" The other questioned.

"The gods alone know. The fools tried to kill his son. What's worse-they botched it." One began to explain. "The wolf and the lion will be at each other's throats. And now the bears have seem to be an unexpected asset. One with the dragons and the other with wolves. If they reunited then whoever side they may be on may become more powerful. We will be at war soon, my friend."

Arya pondered what they meant about wolves, lions, dragons and bears but one thing seemed to pop into her mind. Jaidyn. She wanted to make a connection between all the talk but soon they were talking once more.

"What good is war now? We're not ready. If one Hand can die, why not a second?" The words made Arya nervous. If they were talking about the death of a Hand then would her father be in danger?

"This Hand is not the other, we need time." The two continued to speak.

"Khal Drogo will not make his move until his son is born. You know what these savages are." The words seemed to confuse Arya. She had no clue what they were talking about now but she felt as if all this connected to her and her family. At this moment she had wished she had paid more attention in her lessons.

Her lessons would be able to tell her about the many houses in Westeros and those across the Narrow Sea. They certainly would have helped her have a better understanding of their discussion.