Family Pasts

EDITED

    CLAIRE'S POV

Darkness. That's all I could see. I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried. But that's when I heard something, no SOMEONE.

"Claire, please babe wake up! It's been a whole week. Melody got suspended for a whole month and all those other kids too. I don't know what happened to make you so panicked but I can't see you like this. It breaks my heart. Please give me a sign you can hear me." I felt this persons hand in mine. The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. I decided to squeeze the person's hand. I heard a gasp and then I heard the voice again.

"Babe! Are you awake? You can hear me?" I squeezed the person's hand again. I started to feel my whole body again and finally opened my eyes.

I looked around the hospital room once my eyes got used to the light until my eyes were looking into deep ocean blue ones staring at me. Jason. What's he doing here? Was he the one talking to me earlier? WAIT AND HE CALLED ME BABE MORE THAN ONCE!!??! Omg what do I do now?!

We stayed there for a couple of minutes just starting into each other's eyes. He finally realized I woke up and squeezed me in a tight hug.

"I though you would never wake up. It was a week! A whole week! They said it wasn't as bad as the incident of 2nd grade." As soon as he said those words, I froze. The memories came flooding back again.

I started to breathe heavier again. He seemed to notice really quickly because he was out of his chair and grabbed me into a tight hug once again this time comforting me until I could get oxygen in my lungs and I stopped crying. I wasn't completely calm but I was more calm than I was. Then Jason finally spoke but he asked the one question I didn't want to answer.

"Claire, what happened in 2nd grade? Like what the doctor meant? What happened? Why are you so freaked out about it?" I didn't answer. I just stared out of the window. I swore to myself to never bring it up again! I was about to change the subject but he beat me to it.

"What about family? Where's your mom and dad? I've never seen you with anyone else but your friends, where are they?"

--------------FLASHBACK!----------------

I just walked home from school to see my parents arguing. My mommy was on the floor sobbing while my daddy had a gun in his hand aiming at her!

What was going on? Why does daddy have his gun pointing at mommy? Daddy said he would always protect us with that not use it against us! I was brought out of my train of thought when I heard a BANG! There was my mommy on the floor, blood oozing out of the top of her head!

My daddy just killed my mommy. My daddy then realizes what he just did and brought the gun to his head and shot. BANG! My daddy just killed himself! I didn't have any family anymore.

I screamed for my family until I was dragged out by police officers.

-----------------Present--------------------

That was the worst day of my life. I can never unsee that. How can I? My dad shot my own mother, HIS WIFE! How could he do that to her?

I looked back to see Justin with wide eyes staring at me. What was he saying? Oh right, I wasn't listening because of my horrible childhood coming back to bite me in the butt! Justin finally snapped out of it and said,

"Do you......have any family?" He asked slowly to try to not upset me. I looked down at the floor and he seemed to realize I didn't and hugged me tighter as if I'd disappear at any moment. He kept saying he's sorry as I cried on his shoulder.

Out of all my years of dealing with my parents situation, this is what I have always wanted..............

Someone to rely on. That was my last though before I fell asleep.

JASON'S POV

She fell asleep after a while of me holding her while she cried like her life depended on it. The only thing is I don't know what's wrong. I don't know what happened to her family.

Why is she all alone? What happened to her family? What happened in the second grade? I really want to know the answers to these questions but I won't force her to tell me.

It's not like it's all happy fun time in my life either. I have a dark past that I can't escape because of my "father".

My father, Jack Brant, is the coldest, rudest, most horrible father/boss anyone could have. The worst part was........

HE WAS A GANG LEADER.

AND I HAD TO TAKE HIS PLACE WHEN HE WAS MURDERED 6 YEARS AGO.

Now I know what your thinking. Why would they put an 11 year old boy to lead a GANG?! The answer is....... My FATHER trained me my whole life.

Henry is in the gang too. He's my right hand man, the second in charge. I couldn't get Claire involved with my second life. She would only get hurt.

When I finally snapped out of it, I looked back down at her. She's so innocent! I couldn't bring her into my gang life! I'll have to figure out what to do. I can't keep doing this to her.

I laid her back on the hospital bed and was about to exit the door when I heard her mumble something that made me stop.

               "Daddy killed mommy!!"

WAIT WHAT?! WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?! Did her dad........kill her Mom? Is she dreaming about them? Was it recent or was it a long time ago?

If it was a long time ago, why is she still dreaming about them? Did she witness her dad killing her? CRAP! She said something else that made me snap out of it.

"Daddy killed himself after killing mommy."

What? Her dad killed himself after killing his wife? Omg, now I see why she is being troubled by her past! She doesn't have any siblings? That's horrible. I need to help her with this. I want to be someone she can trust.

UNKNOWN POV

"She's in the hospital again?! Why?!" I practically shouted to Annabelle, my maid.

"I'm sorry sir, I don't know how it would feel for her being in the hospital because of her panic attacks." Annabelle said.

I hope she's ok. I left her! How could I do that to her! She witnessed her dad killing her Mom! Then she witnessed her dad killing HIMSELF!How could I not help her! I need to find her!

"Annabelle, get me my trackers, I'm finding Claire."