Poisoned

PREVIOUSLY.........................................

I feel myself wanting to fall asleep more and more. I close my eyes to be met with Jason's shouting.

"No Claire! You can't go to sleep! Stay awake until we get to the hospital!" He was too late though. I was already drifting to sleep.

JASON'S POV

Scout and I ran all the way to the hospital when I noticed something odd. I looked at the tranquilizer dart. Oh no!

I've seen this dart many times before. This isn't just some ordinary dart that just makes you go to sleep. This dart has poison in it. Someone was trying to poison Scout! Now Claire has poison in her system!

"Scout! We need to get her there faster! She has poison in her system!" I told him and he whined

"Scout! We need to get her there faster! She has poison in her system!" I told him and he whined. He howled in anger and sadness and ran even faster if that was possible. I couldn't keep up with him because he was running so fast.

                     CLAIRE'S POV

I woke up while Scout was running. I felt really weird. I would cough but my body won't allow me to. I felt really sick every since I got shot with the dart. What was in that dart?

There was only one word that I heard.

"Poison!" That was Jason who shouted that if you guys didn't know. I was poisoned? That can only mean one thing. Whoever did this tried to kill Scout!

I'm glad that I jumped in front of him. I didn't want Scout to get hurt because I didn't want to get shot. There was no way I would allow him to get hurt because of me.

I heard Scout Joel and I knew it was out of anger for the person who did this and sadness that I was the one shot instead of him.

I found myself in the hospital a couple of minutes later. I finally decided to speak. I looked around to see Jason standing there looking at me.

"Jason...." I said weakly. His eyes widened when he heard me. I don't think he knew I was awake.

"Claire? How long have you been awake?" He asked looking at me in sadness and concern.

"For a while now. I feel really sick for some reason too." I told him and he looked like he was about to kill someone.

"Don't worry Claire. They'll get the poison out of you system." He said.

My eyes widened and I wanted to run away. No way! They will have to use a needle! I can't stand needles!

I stood up and started to run. I hear Scout behind me and Jason as well.

"Claire!" Jason tried calling me multiple times but I won't have it. I'm not going near a needle! Needles freak me out! Sure I shouldn't since I've shot people with a gun but still! You guys get me I hope.

Scout was in front of me now giving me a sad look. I turned around and saw Jason standing there with a sad look as well.

"No Jason! I will not be near a needle!" I shouted at him and I saw him flinch at my voice.

"Come on Claire. Don't be like this. You won't even be awake to see the needles." He tried reassuring me. I kept shaking my head no but he wasn't listening to me.

He kept coming forward and I kept jumping back. He ignored my protests of telling him to stop.

Baxter suddenly came out of nowhere and tried to grab me. I knew he was there though and jumped tit he side causing him to crash into Jason.

I took the opportunity to run out. I got out of the building until I felt really sick again. I fell to the ground when my legs didn't want to keep going.

"Claire!" I heard Baxter and Jason behind me. I heard them running to me and I knew this wasn't just some plain old poison. This person knew it was going to somehow hit me and not Scout.

This was their plan. They wanted me to jump in the way and get hit myself. I looked over towards the woods to see a mysterious and very suspicious guy looking over at us. I kept looking at him and he looked right back at me.

Jason and Baxter seemed to realize I was looking at something and looked over to where I was looking

Jason and Baxter seemed to realize I was looking at something and looked over to where I was looking. I saw him run away and I looked back at them.

"She's going delusional. She thinks she saw something on the woods when there was nothing there." Baxter whispered to Jason.

I looked over at Scout. He whined when he saw me looking at him and he tore his eyes away from the woods. He came over to me and sat on my lap.

I pet him and he barked in happiness. His head jerked to the side and there he was. The guy was back at the woods looking at us again.

I stood up and Jason and Baxter were surprised. "Scout, come on!" I shouted and forced myself to run. Scout ran after me with his eyes full of anger.

The guy's smirk fell as he saw us running. He started running back into the woods but he was really slow. I grabbed Scout when he suddenly turned around showing a knife. I ran away from him since my main goal was to keep Scout safe.

We made it out of the woods until I felt really sick again and I fell. Scout whined and tried to help me.

"No Scout. Go. Save yourself." I told him but he stood his ground and whined again.

"CLAIRE!" Jason and Baxter shouted at me and stared running towards me.

I looked over to where the guy was standing above me and smirking. Suddenly a white flash attacked him causing him to drop the knife.

Scout!