►TWO

"you did good last night, baby boy."

"you wanna give me a private show after school, park?"

"i think about you all the time, gorgeous."

"come over and give daddy a lap dance."

jimin pulled his hood over his head and walked faster, trying to block out the catcalls getting thrown his way, self consciously pulling down his dark green hoodie to cover his butt. his cheeks were red and he felt his throat itch with the desperate need to cry and let out a scream. he sighed heavily, entering his classroom. the teacher, mr. lee, didn't even try to look happy that jimin came to class, but the blonde was used to it.

students began to slowly fill in the room and empty seats, jimin shifting uncomfortably when a certain group of boys passed by him. he quickly pulled out his notebook and a pen, acting as if he were drawing. eventually, the heavy sound of their boots faded away and the sound of student chatter filled his ears once again. he heard his name once or twice somewhere in the ongoing conversations around him, but he could only sigh and resume to what he was doing.

"alright, class. listen up." mr. lee's noisy pencil stopped as he laid it down (more like slammed) on the desk. he stood up, pacing back and forth in front of the room. he motioned to a boy standing by his desk; his dark brown hair parted to the side and leather jacket hugging his built arms. jimin gulped, unsure how to feel about the kid. he looked threatening, but something about him just screamed soft. mr. lee turned to the kid, "this is jungkook. he just moved here from busan. treat him well."

jimin swallowed and sunk into his seat, hearing the teacher tell jungkook to take the seat in front of him, seeing as it's the only one open. he busied himself by messing with his pencil, accidentally breaking a piece of it.

"so, you're jimin?" jungkook asked. jimin looked up, not expecting to see a soft, bunny-like smile on the other's face. he was expecting a scowl or lust-filled eyes, not this.

it made jimin's heart flutter―the thought of someone liking him for him, and not his job.

"y-yeah," jimin sat up straighter and pushed his hood off  showing off his messy blonde locks. he gave jungkook a shy smile, really hoping he'd become a genuine friend for jimin. "so, you moved from busan?"

jungkook nodded, "yeah. have you ever been?"

jimin's fingers tangled themselves in a loose string on his hoodie, tongue darting out to wet his cracked lips. "i'm from there, too, actually. i miss it."

jungkook cocked his head to the side with his eyebrows furrowed. "why'd you move?"

jungkook sounded genuinely interested and jimin liked the sincerity in his voice and facial expressions. jimin coughed before speaking, "family issues, basically."

jungkook's thin lips fell into a frown, "i'm sorry. that sucks."

"you have no idea." jimin agreed and humorlessly laughed, shaking his head back and forth. jimin yawned and rested his head on his hand, "why'd you move?"

at the question, jungkook's frown seemed to deepen and he fidgeted in his seat, head dropping to stare at his twiddling fingers. jimin noticed how quickly jungkook's mood dropped and it made him feel awful. "you don't have to answer."

"no no," jungkook quickly said, "it was just―i got bullied pretty badly―" he paused and pulled up his shirt enough to reveal bruises and, what seemed to be, a healing knife wound. "―they, uh, they stabbed me. we got police involved and they were charged with attempted murder―which it was, and they even admitted it. all because i'm gay."

jimin felt his heart shatter. "i'm sorry you had to go through that. that's just...wow." he frowned deeply, before jungkook moved closer to jimin, ignoring the complaints he got from mr. lee for the screeching noises from dragging the chair.

"let me see your schedule. i want to know if we have any other classes together." jungkook asked, mood bright in attempt to change the subject whilst tapping his fingers against the desk.