►NINETEEN

jimin let out a loud cry as his feet slid out from underneath him, leaving him to panic and flail his arms in attempt to catch himself. he felt his ankle twist and his elbow hit the stage, his head following roughly after. jimin remembers his head spinning and the music stopping abruptly as well as the angry and annoyed shouts from the audience. he also remembers the searing pain that had him in tears. his knee hurt so badly it was almost numb and by the quick glance jimin had gotten of it, it was surely dislocated.

"jimin, honey," yoongi's voice found jimin's ears, the small blonde letting out a pained whine when yoongi lays him across his lap. he could feel the older's hand against his jaw, patting it slightly, as if trying to keep him conscious. jimin could see yoongi's worried face, although blurry. "jimin baby, you've got to stay awake for me. don't close your eyes."

"'m trying..." jimin thickly mumbled, trying to follow yoongi's commands. his eyes felt heavy, almost too heavy. jimin feels his head roll to the side before his vision darkens, the last thing he sees is someone in a white uniform and hearing yoongi stress out over the unconscious boy in his lap.

three hours later jimin wakes up to the smell of disinfectant and bright lights surrounding him. the blonde reaches up and rubs at his eyes, letting his eyes focus before looking around. he sees jungkook sitting in a chair by his bed, looking at his lap as he absentmindedly twiddles his fingers. "jungkook?" jimin softly asks, his voice scratchy from having just woke up. jungkook's head shoots up to look at jimin, a huge smile spreading across his lips.

"hyung!" he beams and jimin's heart flutters at the sight. jungkook grabs jimin's hand, lacing their fingers together and rubbing his thumb over the blonde's knuckles. "you're okay, thank god. yoongi hyung told me what happened."

"speaking of, where is he?" jimin asks. he doesn't see anything that shows yoongi was there, or even had been. yoongi would have at least left his jacket or something behind if he had gone to buy something to eat or left to go to the bathroom.

"ah, right after the paramedics came mina texted him and said her water broke." jungkook explains, "he didn't want you to be alone, so he called me."

"mina's water broke?" jimin gasped, a newfound excitement evident in his voice. he grins widely, feeling a wave of energy surge through him. suddenly, he feels as if he could run miles without stopping. "can we see her? is she at this hospital?"

"she's here, yeah." jungkook chuckles quietly, endeared by the older's excitement. "yoongi hyung said she doesn't want visitors right now. maybe after daehyun is born, yeah?"

"i can deal with that." jimin hums, pleased. he eyes the bandage wrapped around his ankle. jungkook sees it and assumes jimin will ask --- which he does. "is it broken?"

jungkook shakes his head, "no. just sprained." he glances at jimin before looking back at his hurt ankle. "your knee was dislocated too, but they fixed it. and i know this isn't something you can afford, but no dancing. not until your ankle is better. it's doctor's orders, mine and yoongi hyung's, too."

"jackson is going to have a fit over this." jimin mutters, "mom is too."

"we'll figure it out, okay hyung?" jungkook smiles gently and squeezes jimin's hand reassuringly. jimin smiles back and uses his other hand to grab jungkook's chin gently, tilting his head upwards.

"you're so cute, jungkook-ah." jimin giggles, "i'm not sure if it's the pain medicine making me want to kiss you, but i do. don't know why."