►TWENTY TWO

jimin walked with his head down on his way to jungkook's locker, wanting nothing more than to hug him and forget about the shitty events from last night leading up to the following morning, even if it would be for just a few minutes. bruises littered jimin's face, shoulders, neck, torso, and everywhere from the waist down. he still had dried blood in his hair -- running a soapy hand through his hair only does so much -- and his lip was busted and his left eye was black. jaw swollen, albeit not broken or seriously injured of any sort -- thankfully.

when jimin saw his boyfriend come into view (yes, boyfriend. jungkook had asked jimin the day he was released from the hospital; it wasn't very romantic, but they didn't need it to be), he smiled even though it hurt; figuratively and literally. the blonde quickened his pace, reaching the younger male in no time. he puts his hands on jungkook's shoulders and lets out a soft "boo," like jungkook had done only days ago.

jungkook turned around with a smile on his face per usual, but it quickly faded as soon as he saw how beat up his small boyfriend was. he frowned and grabbed jimin's hands in his own, afraid to touch him in fear of hurting him more. he felt a mixture of emotions rush through him --- rage, sadness, worry. "baby, what in the actual fuck happened? shit, jimin--who did this? is this why you stopped responding out of nowhere?"

"i got fired from tease." jimin swallows thickly, stuttering out his next set of words nervously. "mom--s-she was mad...i... she's...she's sending me b-back to busan, kook, i don't--"

"wait, what?" jungkook asks, "busan? you-- you're going back?"

"she's sending me to live with my dad." jimin tells him, his voice is suddenly thick with tears and jungkook feels his heart shattering even more than it already had when he saw jimin's appearance. "he's a good man, i just...i don't want to leave you-- or taehyung or hoseok, but mostly, i don't want to leave you."

"baby," jungkook whispers, pulling jimin into a much needed hug. he hears jimin whimper from pain and he feels awful. "fuck. i don't know what to say. god, i'm so pissed. when do you leave?"

"a week." jimin says. his words were muffled by jungkook's chest, but he was still heard clear enough. jungkook was quiet and jimin sighed. "i'm sorry."

"why are you apologizing?" jungkook scoffs, "babe, you're staying with me until you leave."

"you're taking this a lot better than i thought you would," jimin mumbles. he felt relieved.

"i honestly want to cry and punch a wall," jungkook chuckles half heartedly. "and i don't want you to leave, god no. but you said your dad is a good man, right? if he really is, then i want you to go. your mom is a piece of shit -- no offense, but she is. if moving is what you need to do to be safe, then please, jimin. i love you and i want the best for you."

"you're fucking amazing," jimin mumbled. "god, i love you too. we won't break up though, right? i grabbed my phone and my charger, we'll still be able to talk and all."

"we won't break up." jungkook replies quickly, "never. not over something like distance, anyway."

jimin leans into jungkook's touch even more, letting a soft smile take over his lips. "good."