►SIXTEEN

a few days later, jungkook is standing in the art room with taehyung by his side. the younger's sleeves are pushed up around his elbows and his skin is littered with varying colors of paint; from blue to green to red to yellow to orange and even to white, black or grey. a thin paintbrush is held tightly between his fingers as he drags it slowly across the canvas, creating a clean line. his tongue is poking out from between his lips in concentration, eyes focused on the painting in front of him.

it was only when taehyung spoke that jungkook broke his concentration to look at taehyung momentarily, putting the brush into the dirty water by the wide variety of paint. taehyung's eyes briefly glance at jungkook before falling onto his painting, "do you like jimin?"

"of course i do," jungkook snorts, grabbing his paint brush once more before dipping it into the black paint once and finishing the line he had previously been working on. "he's my best friend, why wouldn't i?"

taehyung lets his arm fall to his side, ignoring the yellow streak of paint that contrasts against the black denim. he lets a noise that sounds like something between a scoff and a chuckle leave his lips as he stares at jungkook boredly. "you know that's not what i meant. do you like jimin?" taehyung pushes, eyeing jungkook warily.

jungkook is silent for a moment as he switches out his paint brushes, choosing a wider one as he dips it into a soft pastel blue. he answers, keeping his attention on the painting in front of him and not on taehyung. "i don't know. i think i do --- i always get these really warm and fluttery feelings when i'm with him. that's not normal is it? i don't think it is."

"i figured you'd say that," taehyung hums and his tone of voice is one of satisfaction, "you look at jimin like i look at hoseok, and vice versa."

"jimin hyung doesn't like me." jungkook huffs, almost defensively. "he likes me as a friend. nothing more."

taehyung presses his lips into a thin line. he resumes to his painting, making a small 'tsk' sound at the younger next to him. "i don't know, unless looking at someone with utter love and adoration in their eyes counts as friendship love, then hoseok and i are merely best friends."

jungkook tries to ignore the blush creeping inevitably up his neck but fails, rolling his shoulders out of the sudden awkwardness washing over him. "whatever you say, tae."

"that's tae-hyung to you!" taehyung scolds, flicking jungkook with his paint brush.

"okay, taehyung."