►EPILOGUE

one year later
+

"jimin, son, calm down." his dad nags, watching his son impatiently bounce his leg. jimin's hands were locked together, thumb and index finger wrapped around the ring on his finger, twisting it nervously. it was a habit he had picked up over the year he was gone, that and annoying his sibling and dad by hitting it against the table. "he's going to be excited to see you."

"but what if he isn't!" jimin whines, sinking into his seat even more than he already was to begin with. he pouts and looks at his dad, "what if he forgot?"

"if you don't hush, i'll push you off this train myself." his dad jokingly warns. he hears jimin mumble something under his breath about being mean, which results in an eye roll from the elder. "and minji will help me, won't you?"

minji shrugs, not looking up from her coloring book filled with cats that were colored with markers ranging from red to blue to yellow to pink. "maybe."

"you're supposed to be on my side!"

"i'm starting to see why jungkook calls you a brat all the time."

"it took you a full year to realize this?" jimin retorts, "i thought i was pretty obvious."

"trust me, you are." jimin's dad scoffs. "i think we're almost to seoul."

"i can't wait to see jungkook." jimin softly says, "you'll love him, trust me."

jimin could hear his dad laughing at him as he stood on his toes, attempting to find his boyfriend in the crowd. he huffs and continues walking, waiting for the crowd to clear up. he looks around again, smiling widely and letting his bag fall off his shoulder and onto the concrete when he spots jungkook walking into the train station looking breathless.

"jungkook-ah!" jimin yells, breaking out into a sprint. he doesn't wait for jungkook to fully look at him before jumping and wrapping his body around the younger's torso. jungkook gets caught off guard and stumbles back, but keeps the two of them balanced and grabs jimin's thighs to support him. he can feel jimin nuzzle his face into his neck, mumbling quietly. "i missed you. i missed you so much."

jungkook drops jimin's legs and allows him to stand, wrapping his arms around jimin's waist. "i missed you too, baby. so so much."

"i love you." jimin mumbles, feeling tears prick his eyes. "i love you i love you i love you."

"i love you too, baby." jungkook laughs and watches as jimin pulls his head out of his neck. he gasps softly and reaches up to wipe at jimin's teary eyes, "why are you crying, hyung?"

"i'm just happy to see you." jimin sniffles, "really happy."

jungkook coos and pulls jimin in for a kiss, hands still placed on the older's full cheeks. jimin giggles as they pull away and jungkook rests his forehead against Jimin's, their eyes full of love. "i'm happy to see you too."

"i saw you still have your ring on." jungkook continues.

jimin nods, "always. i only took it off when i had to paint for art class. what about you?"

jungkook grabs jimin's right hand, allowing him to feel the cool metal of his ring against the warm skin. "always. unless i have a volleyball match, then i have to."

"so you're the infamous jungkook?" jimin's dad asks from behind the couple, having seen the small scene. jimin turns around and blushes, wrapping his arms around jungkook's waist, jungkook's arm around his petite shoulders. "jimin talks about you constantly."

jungkook grins, looking at his flustered boyfriend. "is that so?"

"yes! jiminie oppa whines more than me!" minji frustratedly yells, and begins to imitate her brother, "'i miss jungkookie!' 'i want to see jungkook!' 'why hasn't he called me?' 'jungkook doesn't love me anymore.'"

"that sounds about right," jimin's dad shrugs. he steps forward and places jimin's bag down, having picked it up when the brunette carelessly left it on the ground. he holds out a hand toward jungkook, "park jisung, and your possible father-in-law."

jungkook grins at the words, bowing slightly at jimin's dad and shaking his hand. "jeon jungkook, and your possible son-in-law."

fin