►THIRTY

jimin wakes up the next morning to jungkook's arms around his waist and a small ache in his lower back. he moves his head to the side and sees jungkook still sleeping soundly. the blonde smiles softly and traces the dark bruising on his boyfriend's collarbone with his index finger, heart swelling in his chest. the simple action wakes jungkook up, his eyes fluttering open as he squints to attempt to get his vision to clear up.

"were you watching me sleep?" he voices, voice thick with sleep from just having waken up. jimin giggles and smiles sleepily, letting his hand fall limp against the bed.

"for like, a minute." jimin answers, "your face is glowing, kook."

"so is yours." jungkook grins, hooking his fingers under jimin's chin. he pulls jimin in for a kiss, but pouts childishly when his lips come in contact with the blonde's cheek and not his lips. "hey, why'd you turn your head?"

"you have morning breath." jimin grimaces, scrunching his nose up in distaste. "i'm not kissing you until you brush your teeth."

"fine, but you'll have to brush yours, too." jungkook tells him. jimin fakes a scowl and moves to roll off the bed, but whines in displeasure as he feels a dull ache in his lower half. he rolls onto his stomach and pouts, looking at jungkook.

"you'll have to carry me." jimin sheepishly tells him, a soft pink dusting over his cheeks as he does so. he hears jungkook laugh loudly and rub his back soothingly, already hearing the unspoken teases waiting to be used.

"i love you." jungkook whispers, his arms wrapped around jimin's small shoulders and face nuzzled into jimin's hair. tears were threatening to fall from his eyes, but he kept them in. for now, at least. he feels jimin's grip tighten in his hoodie, "i love you so much, jimin. so fucking much."

jimin's voice is unstable and thick with tears as he responds to jungkook. he pushes his face even further into jungkook's chest, not caring about the large wet spot from his tears. "i love you too, more than i can put into words."

"stop crying or else i'll start crying too." jungkook sniffles loudly, threading his fingers through jimin's blonde hair. "god, i'm going to miss you so much."

"i'm going to miss you too." jimin pulls away from jungkook, wiping his tears away with his sleeve. jimin frowns as the intercom comes on, announcing a flight due to take off soon --- his flight.

"that was your flight, wasn't it?" jungkook asks, getting a nod im confirmation from jimin. he sighs and grabs jimin's left hand, digging around in his hoodie pocket before pulling out a small box. he opens it and inside are two identical rings, save for the names engraved on the side. one has jungkook's name, and the other jimin's. jimin gasps quietly when jungkook slips the one reading jeon jungkook onto his ring finger, the other ring on his own. "promise rings. we've been dating for a few months, i think it's still a bit early to propose."

"they're beautiful, jungkook." jimin stares at it in awe, grinning happily and kissing his boyfriend lovingly. "i love it. i love you."

"good, because they were expensive." jungkook jokes, cracking a small grin. "your flight will leave soon, love. text me when you land, okay? i love you."

"of course," jimin answers. "i love you too. i'll come visit when i can, okay?"

"i'll be waiting."