►NINE

"stop staring at me like that!" jimin whines, childishly stomping his feet and pouting as he drops his spoon back into the bowl. his cheels were stuffed and his eyes were, seemingly, glowing. yoongi sat across from him with an amused smile on his lips, trying to hide that he was laughing. "you're so mean, hyung."

"if i was mean, i wouldn't have taken you out to lunch." yoongi snorted, "or let you buy the most expensive thing on the menu, brat."

"let me?" jimin playfully scoffed at that, his eyes turning into little crescents as he smiled directly smiled after. "you forced me to, claiming it's the most nutritional and healthy thing. what is it with you people lately?"

"'you people?'" yoongi asked, confusion evident in his voice. he furrowed his eyebrows and turned his head. "you say that as if there's multiple people spoiling you."

"you don't spoil me," jimin replies, shoving food into his mouth. he chewed and swallowed thickly, licking his lips as he continued talking. "you and jungkook only buy me food."

yoongi perked up at the name, automatically feeling protective over jimin, not knowing who this jungkook kid is. "jungkook?" he repeats, "who the fuck is that?"

jimin rolls his eyes and hits his knee against yoongi's, amused by the frown on yoongi's usually pouty lips, making them look even more so. "he's a friend. jungkook is the new kid at my school. i thought i told you about him?"

"you didn't." yoongi says, "does he treat you well?"

"of course." jimin answers, "and i know what you're going to say, so―yes, hyung, i'll arrange a time for you two to meet."

"good."

"so when is mina supposed to come and hang out with us?" jimin asked, smiling when he sees the wide, lovesick smile spread across yoongi's lips at the mention of his wife. "i miss her."

a week later, yoongi had his car parked at the entrance of the school. he had his usual black attire on and a leather jacket and it made everyone who walked by either blush or avoid eye contact. the girls that giggled shyly and waved and whispered went unnoticed by him as he only focused on mina. yoongi's cat-like eyes watched the doors intently, waiting for a certain blonde to come out.

"ah, there he is." yoongi mumbled, watching his small friend walk out of the building, a taller and muscular boy beside him. he turned to mina, planting a kiss on her temple, "babe, i see jimin. are you staying in the car?"

she nodded, pouting a little. "yeah, my feet hurt. tell him to come over though, i want to meet jungkook too."

"you know he will. he'd probably be mad at you if you did walk over." yoongi snorts, "the kid loves you and baby min more than me, i swear."

"we're irresistible." she teased, giving yoongi a quick kiss before ordering him to go meet jimin. he huffed and left the car, walking quickly to where jimin and, who he assumed was jungkook, stood. when yoongi neared and was seen by jimin, he heard a call of his name and a head of blonde hair bouncing toward him.

"yoongi hyung!" jimin called, a small bounce in his step as he made his way over. "this is jungkook. jungkook, this is yoongi hyung."

yoongi stuck his hand out and smiled sweetly, "hurt jimin and i'll hurt you."

jungkook shook yoongi's hand, not feeling any intimidation from the threat. he knows yoongi is protective over jimin, and jungkook himself is finding that he is too. "i would never intentionally hurt jimin hyung."

"better not." yoongi mutters, stuffing his hands into his pockets. he glances at jimin, "mina wants to talk to you," he glances at jungkook. "you, too. but i need to talk to jungkook one-on-one for a moment."

"don't kill him hyung, please." jimin pouts, walking over to where yoongi's car was parked. once jimin was a good distance away, enough so that there was no possibility to overhear yoongi and jungkook's conversation, yoongi began to talk.

"i meant it, jungkook. if you hurt jimin in any way i will not hesitate to beat your ass. i may be short and small, but i have muscle. i'm not the best bouncer at that hellhole for nothing."

"i know," jungkook grins. "jimin hyung told me a bunch about you. all i want you to know is that i intend on protecting jimin from these assholes here."

"looks like we'll get along just fine, then." yoongi says. he cleared his throat and jungkook automatically noticed that yoongi began to soften up. "my wife is in the car. she wants to meet you."

"wife?" jungkook asks, "how old are you?"

yoongi blushes as he answers the question, shyly rubbing the back of his neck. "twenty. we got married a few months ago and we have a baby that's due in october."

"that's cute," jungkook asked, following yoongi to his car as they continue to talk.