►TWENTY

the kiss had been soft and sweet, leaving behind the taste of jimin's cherry chapstick on jungkook's lips and a reddish tint on both of their faces. jungkook still held jimin's hand in his tightly whilst his other one was placed against jimin's jaw, his thumb rubbing the blonde's cheek affectionately. jimin's soft lips were slightly puffy as he let a soft "wow," slip between them once he and jungkook pulled away from each other. his heart was racing in his chest; he wouldn't be surprised if jungkook heard it.

"your lips are a lot softer than i had imagined them to be," jungkook says, his face still close to jimin's. he could feel a swarm of butterflies in the pit of his stomach and the urge to kiss the hurt boy in front of him again. much like his own, jimin's eyes were bright and sparkling. he looked happy; the happiest jungkook has ever seen him in the short few months he has known the short boy. it wasn't until now that jungkook realized just how dull jimin's eyes really were all the time. he felt a pang of hurt in his heart for not realizing sooner.

jimin allows a teasing grin to take over his lips, a small dimple jungkook had only just noticed appearing on the right side of his lips. his heart fluttered when he saw it. "you've imagined how my lips felt?" jimin giggles when he sees jungkook's face redden from embarrassment. he diverts his attention to his lap, feeling the heat of his worsening blush creeping up the back of his neck and making its way to his cheeks.

"once or twice." jungkook shyly admits, clearing his throat afterwards. he looks up at jimin, who had his head against a fluffy pillow and looked at the brunette with tired eyes. he fixes jimin's hair gently with the hand that had been resting against the boy's soft cheek before talking quietly. "are you tired, hyung?"

jimin gives a half hearted shrug in reply, "just a little."

jungkook nods and leans forward, planting a soft kiss against jimin's temple before standing up. he ignores the small whine jimin emits from the loss of contact and dodges the small fingers trying to poke at his stomach that gets exposed from his shirt riding up as he stretches his arms. he shoots jimin a bunny-like smile as he walks toward the door, "take a nap, hyung. i'll be in the cafeteria for a bit; i'll come back in an hour or two."

"i'm not helping you up when you fall." jungkook threatens loosely, watching as jimin hobbles along slowly on his crutches that he hasn't properly learned how to use yet. he'd walked into a couple of doors (jimin insisted it was because they were in his way and not because he's just clumsy) and a few empty beds left by doctors in the hall, even though they were against the cream colored walls.

"bullshit," jimin snorts, "if that was true you wouldn't be eyeing me like a hawk."

"i'm not," jungkook denies, letting his eyes fall so that he's looking straight ahead with a huff. he hums and waits patiently for jimin to catch up. "if you just let me carry you, like i suggested--"

"oh hush," jimin pouts. he hisses in pain when he nearly falls over, hitting his shoulder against yet another wall. jungkook chuckles and helps him stand properly, teasing him all the way to the elevators.

when they finally make it to mina's hospital room, jimin is practically bouncing with excitement -- scratch that, he is bouncing with excitement. ever since they had stepped off of the elevators jimin began babbling about yoongi's newly born son. jimin had been asleep when daehyun was born, but jungkook woke him up to go see the new family.

"i'm going to shove these crutches up your ass if you don't hush." jungkook teased lightly, poking jimin's sides as he spoke. jimin yelped and nearly fell as he scrambled to get away from the taller boy behind him, feigning a pout as he scanned the room numbers, looking for the one with min written next to it.

"please do, then i wouldn't have to walk whatsoever." jimin muses, stopping in front of a door. jimin watches as jungkook's face turns smug as he purposefully walks slower in spite of jimin's excitement. jungkook had to admit, he was excited, too. jimin makes a few displeased noises before jungkook reaches him and pushes the door open slowly. he had checked with yoongi beforehand if it was okay to visit, not wanting to show up without permission.

jimin goes in first and smiles hugely upon seeing yoongi standing off to the side with a baby bundled up in a yellow blanket in his arms. "hey."

yoongi replies without looking up, "hey jiminie." he mumbles, "how're you feeling?"

"grand now that baby min is here," jimin hums, pleased. he glances at mina, who was asleep in the bed. she looked exhausted, but nobody could blame her. "how's our wife doing, hyung?"

yoongi sputters and nearly chokes on air at jimin's words, looking up at the (very) amused boy with shock. "our wife?" he chokes out, "she's my wife, thank you. but she's great, just wore out."

"jimin hyung is truly a charmer, isn't he?" jungkook speaks up, standing behind jimin. he lets out a delighted hum when jimin relaxes against his chest and holds his waist in case he falls -- again.

"very much so," yoongi chuckles, he stares at jimin with soft eyes, "you want to hold him?"

jimin nods enthusiastically, "of course i do! what kind of question is that, hyung?"