►EIGHTEEN

the hallway was crowded as jungkook pushed himself through the students who stood in his way and didn't seem to care enough to move out of his path. he scowled at those people, shooting small, thankful smiles at the ones who cared enough to actually move. his hands were stuffed deep into his jacket's pockets and his cheeks were a soft cherry red from the chilly morning air, his neck craning over the crowd as his eyes scanned each and every face in attempt to find jimin. he knows the older is going to scold him, but he doesn't care. he spots jimin at his locker, squeezed tightly between people on either side of him.

"boo!" jungkook yells, cracking a grin as he squeezed jimin's shoulders, laughing loudly when he hears a startled gasp leave the blonde as he jumped. he turns around, his lips set in a worried frown. it almost made jungkook feel bad. almost.

"don't do that!" jimin tells jungkook, punching his shoulder lightly. he absentmindedly begins to straighten out jungkook's shirt and picks off stray threads off his hoodie as he continues to talk. "where were you yesterday? i was worried sick!"

jungkook lets out a quiet chuckle and hugs jimin tightly, making jimin let out a displeased whine. he mumbles an answer into jimin's hair, allowing the vanilla scent to fill his nose. he closes his eyes, jimin still in his arms. "i overslept. if i had come, i would've only been here long enough to go to last period. sorry for worrying you, hyung."

"well don't do it again without telling me first." jimin pouts, wiggling his way out of jungkook's hold. he misses the small pout on jungkook's lips as he turns to get a notebook out of his locker, handing it to jungkook with a small smile. "here's yesterday's notes from math."

jungkook gives jimin another tight hug, this one quick and short lived. "thank you."

"any time," jimin hums. he sighs and runs a hand through his hair, shutting his locker and leaning against the cool metal. he can't help but look at jungkook; the way his leather jacket complimented his arms so nicely and the way his jeans hugged his legs in all the right places. jungkook, despite dressing like the guys in their school who skipped classes to drink behind the school, was undeniably soft --- especially for jimin.

"did you eat lunch yesterday?" jungkook questions, watching jimin. jimin breaks out of his trance-like state and hums, wordlessly asking jungkook to repeat the question.

"oh, yeah. i did." jimin answers after jungkook repeats his question, "taehyung threatened me if i didn't. he guilt tripped me too."

jungkook slides his phone out of his pocket and powers it on briefly to look at the time, frowning when he sees that they only have two minutes to get to class. he puts it back into his pocket and links arms with jimin, "good. we need to go or we'll be late."