►THREE

jungkook walked into the kitchen and dramatically dropped himself to the floor. his mom and brother stopped their conversation and looked at the high schooler laying on the ground, shielding his face from their scrawny white dog, cloud. his mom placed her cup of coffee on the counter before peering at her youngest son over the counter. "jungkook, honey, what are you doing?"

"mom, he does this every day. why are you still surprised?" sungjin snorts, nudging his brother on the knee with his foot. jungkook whined and sat up, pulling cloud into his lap and scratching him behind his ears. sungjin took a drink of his water, looking at jungkook. "how was school?"

jungkook shrugged. "it was school. i saw a really cute guy though."

"if you plan to date him, jungkook, he has to get my approval first." sungjin stated monotonously. jungkook rolled his eyes and stood up, brushing off his jeans from any dirt or stray dog hairs. he propped himself up on the counter, his head in one hand.

"i know," he answers, humming quietly. "his name is jimin. he's so small and cute, i just wanna keep him in my pocket."

"my baby's growing up," jungkook's mom cooed teasingly, pinching his cheek. jungkook blushed and swatted her hands away. she stood up and laughed, leaning against the counter like she had previously been before jungkook came in. jungkook hoisted himself onto the counter, swinging his legs back and forth slightly.

he turned to sungjin, "so, how's college? any cute boys? how is your roommate?"

sungjin pointed at jungkook, "one question at a time, for one. and college is good, just really stressful. tons of cute boys, yes, but none i've taken a particular interest in. and my roommate―it's jungkook 2.0. wonpil wakes me up in the middle of the night to ask me things like―"do pigeons have feelings?" and honestly, the kid is so cute you can't help but love him. his boyfriend, dowoon, is really quiet though. they fit scarily well together."

"but i'm cuter than your roommate, right?"

"no, even my trashcan is prettier than you." sungjin smirked. jungkook narrowed his eyes and stomped his foot like a child.

"how did i end up with my only children being gay and dissing each other constantly?" their mom sighed.

"you love us."

"come on, you can't stop now." jackson scowled, rolling his eyes and walking over to jimin. he shoved the struggling boy backwards, the blonde losing his footing and falling onto a mat. jimin looked up at him, exhausted.

"i'm going to pass out." jimin panted heavily, laying flat against the mat. he swallowed thickly in attempt to soothe his dry throat, his head dizzy. "you know i can't handle these intense choreographies like i could before."

jackson stared at the dancer, arms crossed and extremely irritated. "they aren't even that hard, jimin."

jimin used the little energy he had left to sit up and glare at jackson. "try dancing when you haven't eaten or slept more than two hours in two days, jackson. simply walking exhausts me."

"whatever, go home early. eat before you come in tomorrow or you're fired. i can't have my best dancer getting lazy on me."