►TWENTY SEVEN

"just a few days left here in seoul and i'll be back in busan." jimin thinks out loud, frowning as he talks. his hand feels warm in jungkook's despite the chilly weather outside, the icy wind making their cheeks and noses a subtle pink as they walked. he can see jungkook's lips turn into a gentle frown, making guilt fill his chest.

"i told you to stop thinking about that," jungkook huffs, pressing his lips into a thin line. he sighs softly and presses a kiss to jimin's temple. "let's not think about it until we have to."

"fine," jimin agrees. he hums and presses his lips tightly together, the two of them walking in a comfortable silence. around them, other couples walk happily or kids run around happily with their parents watching from nearby, an endearing smile on their faces. jimin watches as a little girl gets chased happily by a boy who seems a year or two older than her, assumably her brother. "hey kook-ah?"

"yes hyung?" jungkook asks, keeping his eyes on jimin.

"have you ever thought about having kids?" jimin asks, blushing out of embarrassment afterwards. his head was hung low and his lips were pulled up into a shy smile. jimin would be lying if he said he hadn't thought about having kids before, loving them and treating them the way they should be. he would also be lying if he said he hadn't at least once thought about starting a small little family with jungkook.

jungkook presses his lips into a thin line as he thinks of his answer, "once or twice. why?"

"just curious." jimin simply answers, giving a small shrug of his shoulders as a response.

"park jimin, do you want kids?" jungkook teases, smiling widely and bumping jimin in the shoulder as they walked. "i can see it now; you and our little baby playing together."

jimin flushes even darker, "who said i wanted kids with you?"

"well, do you?"

"i guess, yeah." jimin shrugs.

"there's your answer, then." jungkook tells him. jimin scoffs softly and looks up, gasping and eyes lighting up. he picks up a bounce into his step, earning a confused, but amused glance from jungkook.

"cotton candy! can we get some?" jimin asks excitedly. jungkook laughs and nods, allowing himself to get dragged along happily.

---
the end is near, kids