one

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

"I, Park Chaeyoung, the Crown Princess, vow to my people that I will make our kingdom wider, stronger, and feared." I bowed down to my father, the King, and the rest of the officials as I left the conference room.

I've been asked by my father to attack the neighboring kingdoms to make our own wider. As the crown princess of my kingdom, I am obliged to follow his orders so I will not lose the opportunity to be the next ruler. I will still train my men to make sure that we will win this war.

I already proclaimed the war and they are just waiting for my signal to attack. In the meantime, I ordered my general to get my men ready for war. They will be sparring as practice. Only the men who won will be able to come to battle.

I came to watch the sparring of my men when a messenger of the other kingdom came. They practically begged me to stop the war since their king is still young. Their king is a few years older than me. He is King Taehyung, the King of the neighboring kingdom. His older brother wanted to be king but their father chose him as the general since he is more experienced in the battleground instead of the throne.

He offered me a fourth of his land, gold, medicine, and silk. His last offer was cruel and grim. He offered thousands of slaves. Not just ordinary slaves, but slaves trained for pleasure. One of those slaves was the princess, Princess Kim Jisoo.

I was mad. My blood was boiling as I read the message. Why would they include their princess as an offer? She isn't something that you should just give away. Nevertheless, I accepted their offer to free the princess. Although I will have to find another kingdom to conquer, we will still have a fourth of their land to add to ours.

"Your Majesty, the neighboring kingdom claims that they want to have peace in between our kingdoms. They offered us a fourth of their land and other necessities. They... also... offered the princess." I bowed to my father as I talked. "As long as they give us what they promised, I will cancel our attack." He said nonchalantly. "I will have to discuss this matter with their king, Your Majesty. Please give me permission to leave our kingdom for a few days." I held my arms together as a sign of respect. "If that will be needed, I will grant your request." With that information, I left the king and headed to the training camp.