six

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

I scanned the trembling girl from head to toe, ignoring the fact that she recognized me. The girl has numerous bruises and wounds, some wounds are fresh, the others are fading. "I'll bring you to the medic before your wounds get worse." I held her arm. She panicked. She's obviously traumatized.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you." I smiled at her. She finally looked at me directly in the eyes, and that's when I realized that she's the princess. "P-Princess Jisoo?!" I gasped. That bastard was torturing this poor innocent princess!

The princess didn't say a word and just kept quiet. She was still looking at me. "Let me carry you. Please... I don't want you to get hurt more." My eyes are slowly getting filled with tears. It pains me to see the person I love suffering. "Y-Your h-highness... J-Jisoo c-cannot a-accept your help, J-Jisoo has n-nothing to give y-you in return." The princess turned her face. "You being safe is the only thing I want. There is no need to repay me of my kindness since I am the cause of your misery in the first place." I gently caressed her cheeks, the tears welled up in my eyes were finally flowing.

The princess shook her head. "J-Jisoo has been taught... well... N-nothing i-in this w-world is free. Jisoo w-will f-find a w-way to r-repay y-you.". She was trembling. I looked at the dead body of General Kim lying on the ground. I kicked him hard, "What in the world have you done to my princess?!" I was fuming, my blood boiling inside me. I punched him repeatedly.

"Y-Your h-highness... p-please s-stop." The princess pleaded, her eyes shut tightly. I loosened the grip I had on General Kim's clothes, slowly standing up. I grabbed my sword and carefully cut the rope tied to her hands. I discreetly wiped my tears and said, "Let's get you out of here.".