sixteen

JISOO's POV

"Please! Let me go! I can't leave the queen.. He will kill her..!" I screamed, my voice hoarse. "Princess, we can't. Queen's orders." The knights held me tighter but with care, afraid that I'll get hurt. "Just leave me in this tunnel! Come back for her and protect her please!" I broke down crying on the cold stoned path.

"Please! Just go get her.." I didn't care if my dress was getting wet with the puddles on the ground, I didn't care that a bunch of crawlies were already on my legs. All I cared about was my queen. I couldn't get the thought of the queen getting slain by my half brother out of my head. Everything was frightening me and I was panicking.

"Princess, we have to get going! We can't leave you here." The knights tried their best to get me up from the floor, giving up after a few seconds and finally left. I thought they left for good but instead, they brought back another person with them.

"Princess, I mean no harm. I came here to bring you to safety. Your brother is looking for you. We don't have much time." The man with a half face mask spoke. Only his left eye can be seen yet his features reminded me of.. home. Home when everything was still good.. Home when my real brother and mother was still alive.. Home when all the pain hasn't begun.

His eyes were starting to get teary the moment I stared at him deeply. There's something with this man that somehow makes me feel as if I am safe... I took his hand and used it as support to stand up. His hand was.. warm.

"Kim we have to go! I've heard footsteps!" One of the knights spoke, making all the fear and anxiety go back. "Don't worry princess. Nothing's going to happen to you. I'm here." The mysterious guy spoke. He kept on talking to me as we walked, oddly making me feel calmer. After what felt like a few minutes of walking, I was already standing in front of a horse.

"Thank you for bringing her to me." He spoke. "No. Thank you for calming her down Seokjin." The knights then shook his hand, running back inside to probably fight. I was dazed for a moment because of his name. Seokjin.. Could it be..?

"Have you finally realized it, Chu?" He asked, a soft chuckle escaping his lips.

"...brother..?"