eight

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

"Your highness, the Crown Princess of the neighboring kingdom is here to see you." I heard one of the court ladies say. "Yes, Your Highness." They bowed, making way for me to go inside. "Princess Chaeyoung, the time for us to meet has finally come." the king gave a forced smile, awkwardly shifting in his seat. "Just a reminder Your Highness, I am here for the deal, not to make friends. I am not planning to stay longer in your kingdom and it would be best if we proceed to the deal without stalling." I casually said, keeping my stoic expression. He cleared his throat, "O-Oh right. Then, I will show you what I have offered."

"I offer you sacks of expensive medicine, like star anise. Also, all of these crates of gold, enough to feed your whole kingdom for approximately 3 years. These stacks of silk in your right is also yours. You will also own a fourth of my land. It is located by the river which separates our kingdoms. Last but not the least, I give you thousands of slaves to relieve stress and frustration." He voiced out, letting out a deep sigh, taking a short break from talking. "I.. Would like to replace one of the offers if you don't mind."

"Which offer is it exactly?" I asked. "It is the one that I haven't mentioned.. It is the Princess. Due to some unfortunate events, the princess was-"

"She's with me."

The king had mixed feelings about what I said. One that surfaced among the rest was relief. I knew that the king included the Princess in the offer since the king knows that his sister would be safer if she's under my watch.

His was gradually tearing up as he let out a sigh of relief. He gave me a small nod and a subtle smile, "Please take good care of my sister.. I trust you.."