thirteen

JISOO'S POV

"Your Majesty!" I ran up to the new ruler, stopping a few inches away from her. "I had this urge to just run away from the coronation and come find you." The queen laughed lightly, fixing my messed up hair. "Well that would not turn out great, would it?" I chuckled, staring at her with awe. "Without a doubt.. still, it would be very worth it considering the fact that we'd been parted for almost 2 days." The queen stated.

"Exactly. It was just for a couple of days, Your Highness." I scoffed, amused by the queen's antics. "Every day spent without you by my side would be a very lonely day. I cannot be blamed for falling deeply inlove with you." The queen shrugged and started to walk away, her actions telling me to come follow her.

"Have you thought about spending the rest of your life with me?" The queen suddenly asked. "Honestly, that is what I've been thinking about these past few days." I stated as a matter of factly. I'd been thinking about life with Chaeyoung, how nice it would be, the fun and excitement that awaits.

Though I would very much love to be with her, it is impossible. I may be a princess, but I was badly wounded by General Kim. I have quite a number of scars all over my body.

"If that's the case, we should get married!" The Queen beamed as she talked, her smile shining brighter than the sun. I didn't want to hurt her feelings nor break her heart, but it is necessary.

"I.. can't.." A lone tear flowed down my cheek, staining it. The King stopped at her tracks and turned to look back at me. "W-Why not..?" Tears glimmering in her eyes, her nose slowly turning red.

"My Queen, you can't marry me. I am badly scarred and it is against the law for someone who is in power to marry a woman with a scar."

I expected her to run away from me and hate me for the rest of her life but instead, she walked towards me and held me in her arms. Her tears fell one by one as a bittersweet smile started to appear on her face. She kissed my forehead ever so slowly, leaving a burning feeling behind.

"Then I will have to go against the law to have the woman whom I've been longing for years."