twelve

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

I walked around the palace, holding a gift behind my back. Today was the last day that I would be able to make time for the princess since tomorrow will be the start of all preparation for the abdication of the throne.

I looked around the palace, trying to find the princess. And then, I saw her. She was looking beautiful as ever. Her hands moving so gracefully as she touched each and every petal of the flowers in the garden. The beautiful smile plastered on her face has never been wiped off since the day we confessed our love to each other.

This exact moment reminds of the day I fell in love with her. Such wonderful memories that I wish to never forget.

"Your Highness." The princess' smile grew as wide as it can get the moment she saw me walking in. "How has your day been, princess?" I asked for her hand, softly placing a kiss a top it. "I am happy today, though a part of me is still quite sad that we will not have time to meet tomorrow.." The princess playfully sulked, her lips jutting forward. I leaned in, giving the princess a peck to her heart shaped lips. "You shouldn't be. We'd be spending a lot of time together after the coronation." I smiled.

The princess grinned "That would be nice..". "Close your eyes for a second." I said.

"Why..?"

"Just do it."

The princess slowly let her eyelids fall. I sneakily snaked my arms up to the back of her neck, carefully securing the lock of the accessory in my hand. "You may open them now." I smiled.

The princess fluttered her eyes open, as if feeling an odd coldness on her neck, she quickly looked down. A flush of redness slowly crept to her face as she grabbed the end of the necklace. "It's gorgeous, Your Highness. I am very much thankful for your gift."

Happiness was evident in her eyes, eyes that were once filled with fear, anger, and hatred, which are now replaced with love, happiness and bliss.

"I love you with all my heart princess."

"You know I feel the same, Your highness."

"May I..?"

"Yes you may." My princess chuckled, probably laughing at my childish antics. I slowly leaned in, conquering the princess' lips. I've just realized that this moment would probably one of the happiest I've had in a while.