ten

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

"Let's try again, Princess. Try to speak as if you're not talking about somebody else. Instead of saying your name, can you try saying 'I'?" It felt like I was teaching children how to speak.

Princess Jisoo was tortured badly by General Kim and his men. They made her think of herself as an object, not as a person. They forced her to think of herself as someone lowly, thus her referring to herself as if she was a different person.

"I-I.. understand m-master." The princess muttered. "There we go! You did it Princess! Can you try to speak like that starting now? And please stop calling me master, Princess. You can even call me just by my name." I gave her a warm smile.

"I-I understand, Y-Your Highness.."

What was that? Did the sun just shine a triple times brighter than usual or was that just the princess' smile?

It was the first time I have seen what I wanted to see. A genuine smile from the princess. It was not forced, nor faked. I am more than delighted to know that I am one of the reasons why she's able to smile again.

"I see you are still not comfortable with the sudden change in your way of speaking. Just a reminder, I am not forcing it all on you. We can make it, one step at a time. There is not a need to rush things."

JISOO'S POV

"I see you are still not comfortable with the sudden change in your way of speaking. Just a reminder, I am not forcing it all on you. We can make it, one step at a time. There is not a need to rush things."

I am grateful that the princess was being patient with me. Though it is not easy to completely forget about my traumatic experience, the princess tries her best to take it off my mind, slowly but surely.

I've never thought that the princess would take care of me. As I was told, she was heartless and selfish, even at a young age. But now as I've seen it, she is the exact opposite. Her heart was as if it was made of gold.

It has been long since I started staying with the princess and never have I felt so loved and appreciated. Every time her skin makes slight contact with mine, when our hands brushed for example, I felt rather odd and giddy. Every time I feel her beautiful orbs staring right at my soul, I melt on the spot.

I knew what I was feeling for the princess was not right. Our social ranking was not a problem, that is for sure. The problem was that, our love is between two women. For others, a love between the same gender was disgusting and was prohibited. I am still not sure whether the princess takes interest in women instead of men, though I am getting hints that she prefers the company of women. The way she looks at me suggests that she indeed, prefers women.

"Princess? Are you alright?" The princess' voice pulled me back to reality. "I-I am alright, Your Highness.." I muttered. "You seem to be bothered. Mind telling it to me to see if I am of any help?"

"I-I have a question.."

"What is it?"

"What are your t-thoughts about.. love b-between the same gender..?"