nine

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

It's been two weeks since I've had that discussion with the king. Our kingdom had already been successfully expanded, and our stock of gold, silk, and medicine have increased. I've set the slaves free and let them return to their families. As for the others who have lost their families, I've asked the officials to accept them as their servants for them to have places to stay at.

My feet are hurting after hours of walking around the palace. I was watching every move the Princess made. She kindly asked my court ladies to let her do their job and my court ladies, whole heartedly accepted the Princess' offers. Not knowing that she's a Princess of course.

She started off by preparing my meal and brewing me tea. She then helped my other court ladies to prepare my bath. She even insisted me to let her bathe me!

"Princess Jisoo could you please sit down for a second? You shouldn't be the one preparing my necessities anyway! I have court ladies for a reason, Princess." I sighed, rubbing my temples. I've been trying to get the princess, who is now preparing my tea, to take a rest.

"B-But master.. this is also J-Jisoo's duty as your sla-"

"Don't you dare say that word! Princess, YOU are not a slave!"

"J-Jisoo is t-terribly sorry m-master.." she muttered, her head bowed down. "You don't have to apologize Princess. I just want you to rest until you are fully healed. After that, I will let you go live your life outside the Palace." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"J-Jisoo doesn't want to be f-far away from you master.. J-Jisoo is afraid.. "

"You don't have to worry Princess. I've informed my knights to guard you with all their life. They wouldn't let a person to even lay a finger on you. Besides-"

"That's is n-not the case, Master.. J-Jisoo is a-afraid that y-you would f-find someone better to take c-care of you.. Jisoo wants to be by your side.. To make sure that Master won't let Jisoo down.."

"Let you down? How exactly?"

"By forgetting your words. Master told Jisoo that she will let Jisoo live her life normally.. But this time, with Master.."