five

JISOO'S POV

I'm starving... I'm thirsty... I'm tired... Tired of crying, tired of even trying to escape. Every time I try, I get beaten up. A handprint on my right cheek, bruises and wounds on my left.

I'm kneeling down on the cold hard floor, waiting for droplets of water from the rain to end up in my mouth. This is what I've been doing before I get to eat my "proper" meal... A single piece of bread and a cup of water. My spine and ribs are getting more prominent as time passes.

As I was about to lay down, a hand flew right at my face. "That crown princess is getting to my nerves! I shouldn't have gone there!" another slap was given. I couldn't say a single word. I was frightened. I can't even bring my hand up to block his slaps since its tied tightly behind me. The only thing I can do is to close my eyes.

"It's all your goddamn fault!"

slap.

"You're useless! You filthy whore!"

slap.

"You deserve to die!"

I was whimpering in pain. I waited for another slap but felt something hot flowing on my legs instead. I fluttered my eyes open, the color red greeting me. It was blood. And it didn't come from me. I looked up and saw Namjoon, his mouth wide open, a sword stuck right at his back which went through his chest. He then fell down, his head hitting the hard ground.

My mind went blank. Namjoon died right in front of me and I am bathing in his warm blood. I couldn't believe my eyes... Behind Namjoon's lifeless body was the silhouette of a person. A person I know quite well.

"Are you alright?!"

"Y-Your h-highness.."