seventeen

JISOO'S POV

It was now night time of the 2nd day that I've escaped from the kingdom. I couldn't sleep a blink. I was nervous, I was worried. A lot of what ifs were running in my mind relentlessly, making me mentally and emotionally exhausted.

"Jisoo, I know you're still awake. I brought you some warm milk. It was freshly boiled." orabeoni(archaic of oppa) sat on the floor, giving me the cup of warm milk. "You should get some rest Jisoo. You look tired." He looked at me worriedly, awkwardly playing with his fingers.

"Is there something that you would like to tell me?" I asked. "H-huh? Nothing.. I was just waiting for you to finish your milk so that I can wash it." He stated. For some reason, I had a bad feeling. As if something is telling me that something bad will happen.

I quickly finished my cup of milk, wiping my mouth with the handkerchief beside my bed. Orabeoni took the empty cup and went out of my room. I examined the handkerchief in my hands... It was hers.

Leaning back, I felt the bed get in contact with my back. Tears were flowing down my cheeks as I hugged her handkerchief close to my chest. Without me knowing, I had cried myself to sleep.

My eyes fluttered open when I felt someone shaking my body. I took my time to adjust my vision. I looked at the window and saw that it was still dark. "What's your reason for waking me up?" I asked brother Seokjin.

It seemed as if he was hesitating to talk, opening his mouth occasionally but then closing it right after. I was getting more anxious and impatient. I wanted him to spill but a part of me wanted him to just leave me be.

He took a deep breath, finally made out his mind to speak. "Princess... I've received new from the kingdom." He paused. My palms began sweating,  my hands shaking. "Is it from the queen..?" I asked, hoping that my love was doing fine. He slowly shook his head, "It was from one of her knights.".

"What did her knight say..?" My heart was raging inside my chest, nervousness swallowing me whole.

"Jisoo.. She's.. gone."