fourteen

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

"The time has come Princess, or should I say, Queen Park." General Kim was laughing hysterically at me, who was bleeding on the ground. "You bastard!" I coughed out blood, the wound on my waist opening up. "I told you that you'd regret that one day you shooed me away.." He paced around the dark room, only his silhouette could be seen. "But you, did not listen. Now, I'm going to take away the most important thing you have." He yet again laughed. "You can take my kingdom, I do not care." I smirked. "Oh no, it's not the kingdom that I'm talking about. It's this little rascal." Rattling of chains can be heard, followed by whimpers.

"My Love!"

"Princess!" I woke up from my sleep, sweat trickling down my skin. I couldn't breathe, as if something was putting weight on my chest. I jolted out of my bed, rushing to the princess' room. Without having second thoughts, I barged inside the Princess' room, being greeted by a sleeping goddess, who was now awake due to the noises I've made.

Her eyes fluttered open, slowly adjusting to the lights her lamps made. "M-My Love..? What are you doing in here at this time? It is midnight, you should be sleeping.." The princess sat up from her bed as she talked, fixing her hair.

"I t-thought you were gone.. You don't know how happy I am to see you here.." I ran towards her, putting her on a tight embrace, burying my face on the crook of her neck. "I will never leave you, My Queen.." Her soft delicate hands, hovering above my back.

"Promise me that you'll never leave?" I begged her, staring into her beautiful orbs with my bloodshot eyes.

"I promi-"

The wailing sounds of horns, the loud banging of drums and the screams of people distracted us from our moment. Not long after, another person have found their way into the princess' room, fear obvious in his face.

"The kingdom is under attack, Your Highness!"