fifteen

JISOO'S POV

"The kingdom is under attack, Your Highness!"

"What? What happened to our defense?!"

"Dead. All of them are dead. 1st Prince Kim MinSeok from the neighboring kingdom has led a war to take revenge for General Kim NamJoon's death. He's here to take the Princess.."

"You, call my knights and guard the princess. Don't let anybody come near her. Bring her to my trusted knight and take her to the tunnels. I will go into battle." The queen stated, her voice shaking and cracking from time to time. "My Love.. Please.. Please don't leave me.. I can't bear to lose you my love.." I cried onto her arms, begging her to stay.

"I have to, princess... It's for your own sake.." The queen wriggled out of my hold standing up from my bed. "If you really do care for me, stay! You, yourself, know that you're the only person I have left.." I know I am being selfish, but I just can't bear to lose her.. My heart broke the moment I saw the look in her eyes, pain and sadness evident in her expression. "Princess..." A lone tear fell from her already red eyes for crying too much earlier.

"Please, Chaeyoung-ah.. Stay.. Stay for me.. Please.." My head bowed low, tears freely flowing out my eyes. "Jisoo.. Look at me, my love.." The queen had her hand placed under my chin, making me look at her.

I thought she would say something, but instead, I felt her soft plump lips on mine. I responded the moment our lips touched, molding our lips together. Her mouth was warm, her lips softer than I remember. Her mouth slowly parting mine, my tears abruptly stopped flowing. Her tongue slipped inside my mouth, gently brushing against mine. Her thumb slowly caressed my cheek, wiping away my tears. My heart beating faster, knowing the kiss is about to end. The queen left a sweet peck before pulling back. A painful chuckle left her mouth, "It seems like I'm the one who will break my own promise.." The queen was left inside the room, a couple of her knights dragging me away.

That is when I realized that, the kiss we just had was our painful way of saying farewell.