seven

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

The princess was whimpering in pain when I carried her in my arms. I figured that she has broken bones in some parts of her body. Her feet were bleeding from the rough texture of the stones, her wrist has marks and bruises from the rope. Even her neck has marks, hand prints to be exact, I'm sure it was from a hard grip while trying to choke her.

"Stay still Princess. We wouldn't want more broken bones on your body, right?" I gave her a reassuring smile, carefully placing her atop my horse. "I'll bring you to my kingdom. I don't trust the men in your home, so it would be best if I'd bring you over to mine so I'll be able to watch over you." I sat right behind her, setting my arms on her waist to hold her in place.

"Hey! Bring her back in here you rascal!" I heard loud footsteps nearing my horse. I turned around and saw men armed with swords. What a bunch of morons! A bow and arrow would be more efficient at times like this. I smirked at them, "Only if you catch me first.. !" I took off on my horse, men chasing me on foot.

I escaped those morons easily at the speed I was going. I entered the palace, my thanes following me. "Who is this lady you brought with you, Your Highness?" one of my subjects asked. "The person you must respect and protect at all times." I got off of my horse, still holding the princess by the waist. I gently pulled her from the horse, carrying her. "I'll be taking care of her. Guard the palace. I don't want outsiders to come inside here and hurt MY princess." I left them glued to their places, confusion writen all over their faces.

I brought a bowl of water and cloth to the princess and placed it right beside her bed. I soaked the cloth in water, wringing it to remove the excess fluid. As I was about to clean her wounds the princess held my hand, signaling me to stop for a minute.

"J-Jisoo had been thinking, Your Highness. J-Jisoo w-wants to serve you as a p-payment f-for your good deed." The princess said, her lips quivering from time to time. "There's no need for that. The only thing you have to do is make sure that you'll live a normal life but this time, with me." I smiled at her. The princess looked at me, her eyes glistening with tears.

"J-Jisoo is very thankful, master."