Chapter 2 [Part 1]

Tegan’s pov

Today I will be going to see Jac the matchmaker because she wants to see me for some reason. She probably wants me to try out another marriageI have been married twice before but the marriages never lasted long. Once the men signed on the dotted line of the marriage contract, they were happy but the marriages didn’t last.

The first Vampire guy I married was lovely, his name was Ryan and we were getting along fine. We were almost at the stage of mating but it never happened because there was something up with Ryan. He began to cough up blood, have nose bleeds, he'd fall asleep when he wasn’t tired among other things. Neither of us knew what was happening to him so we went to see a Doctor. The Doctor diagnosed Ryan with a rare blood cancer. I thought Vampires couldn’t get ill but apparently a Vampire can get cancer from drinking an unknown blood type and nothing can be done to help because it is like poison for any supernatural being. I was gutted when I found out and spent as much time as I could with Ryan. We’d spoke about taking our relationship to the next stage but we never got the chance as Ryan became too sick. He died only a two months after we got married and I was broken. I didn’t get to complete my eternal life with him, I wish I could have because I know we would have had a great life together and I will miss him forever. The short amount of time I had with Ryan was precious, I will never forget him. He will always be a part of my heart no matter what life brings me.

I didn’t want to get married ever again. I missed Ryan too much and knew I would never meet someone as nice as him ever again but I was lonely. I had my family but it wasn’t the same, I needed a life partner so I decided to see Jac again and was married again shortly after to Jonah. Jonah was perfectly healthy and was a nice person but we didn’t really see each other as anything more than friends, yes there was an attraction between us but nothing more so the marriage ended after just after a few weeks. If we had left it longer then the marriage could not be terminated because after a certain amount of time of a marriage, the marriage is valid whether it has been consummated or not. The couple must stay together till death do they part. We didn’t want to be stuck with each other for so long when we knew we didn’t love each other so terminating the marriage was the only option for us.

After Jonah, I gave up on marriage. Now years later, I am in front of the mirror in my bedroom getting ready to see Jac. I dressed into a short black dress and left my legs bare. I put on black flat shoes and left my long brown hair loose. I did simple makeup of a little concealer and eye liner, I slipped on my blue denim jacket before heading out to see Jac.

Once I was stood outside Jac’s office. I hesitated before knocking.

“Just a minute,” Jac’s voice said from inside her office. Within a minute, Jac opened the door and welcomed me to take a seat in front of her desk. I sat down and waited for her to speak.

“So you must be wondering why I asked you to come here today Tegan,” Jac said.

“Yes,” I replied. “Why have you asked me here today?”

“I thought maybe you could give this marriage thing another go,”

“I don’t think I want to,” I admitted. After 2 failed marriages, I don’t want to be heartbroken for a third time. It will ruin me.

“Why not?”

“I don’t want to get hurt again,” I sadly replied as I got flashbacks of my previous marriages. Poor Ryan, he died so young. He was older than me at 33 but that is still young, he had his whole eternal life ahead of him if it weren’t for the cancer. I don’t know how Ryan managed to get his hands on the poisonous blood, I still can’t help but think what it would be like if he hadn’t and was still alive.