Chapter 5 [Part 1]

Tegan’s pov

Knock knock knock knock knock was all I heard the next morning. What the hell is going on? I asked myself as my eyes opened. Who is disturbing my precious sleep?

I looked around the room to see it wasn’t mine. For a start, it was massive and there was no way I could afford something like that myself. I had a job but I quit it last month because I was feeling depressed, memories of the past were all coming forward to haunt me and I just couldn’t cope with it and work as well so I gave in my resignation. The job was ok though, it was a background job in a warehouse for an online retailer. I was mainly checking orders and packing them. When my parents found out I quit, they grew worried and wanted me to move back in with them but I refused. I couldn’t be upset around them or they’d get suspicious as they know nothing about my past or who I really am. They have always been oblivious and that’s the way I want it to stay. Having no job meant I had no income and I couldn’t refuse when Dad said he would pay for my household bills and taxes until I got a new job. Thinking of my house, I need to tell Dad I moved out so he can sell it as it is his house which he brought for me when I wanted to move out at 18.

“Tegan are you awake?” a familiar voice asked. I groaned then heard a chuckle from the other side of the door and that’s when all the events of last night came flooding back.

Flashback

“I don’t know about you but I am starving,” Cole said.

“Actually I am too,” I replied.

“Great! Let’s eat,” Cole offered to cook for the both of us since it was our first married day together but I wouldn’t allow it. I wanted to be the one to cook. “Why don’t we just order in?”

“I think that would be best,” I agreed. We just got married, we shouldn’t really be cooking. We should be relaxing and getting to know each other. And that is exactly what we began to do while our takeaway meals were on the way. I ordered a salmon dish while Cole ordered chicken with roast potatoes and veg.

When the food arrived, I had to have a taste of Cole’s but Cole didn’t seem to mind. He was too busy lost in my eyes to complain. Even though Cole has all black eyes, they are beautiful. I could gaze into his eyes all day and I guess Cole could gaze into mine all day with the amount of time we have kept our eyes locked in our marriage so far. I had planned on us getting to know each other but we didn’t talk. We let our eyes do all the talking.

That’s how the day went, us doing small talk here and there but mostly just gazing into each other’s eyes. There is a clear attraction here but will it develop to love? I don’t know, only time will tell but I hope I can learn to love Cole as I don’t want another failed marriage. Ryan wasn’t a fail, if he was alive now I know in my heart that we would still be together happily married now. Jonah was a clear fail and now there is Cole who I don’t know what to make of. Sure he is the hottest Demon I have ever seen but I barely know him.

“I guess we should head off to bed,” Cole said suggestively when it was getting late into the night.

“In your dreams buddy,” I replied before heading into the room I would be staying in. Cole followed me.

“Goodnight Cole,” I said and closed the door before Cole could follow me in.

“Dammit,” Cole muttered with a groan before saying more clearly. “Goodnight Tegan, see you tomorrow”

I heard Cole’s footsteps walk away to his own room.

I got dressed and ready for bed before getting into the spacious but comfortable bed. The comfiest I’ve ever slept in to be exact and I couldn’t wait to fall asleep which I did not long after with a smile on my face. I’m a married woman, I have a hot new husband and hopefully a happy new life ahead of me.

End of flashback

"I know you’re awake,” Cole said when I still hadn’t said anything due to my thoughts heading back to yesterday.

“Cole,” I groaned as I looked at the clock on the wall which read 7am. I groaned again before I sat up in bed. “Why are you waking me up at his hour?”

“I’m sorry,” Cole apologised. “I woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep. Can I come in? It’s kind of weird talking to a door instead of your face,”

“NO,” I shouted quickly as Cole began to turn the door handle. I can’t possibly let him see me like this. I just woke up and look terrible with no makeup on, my hair is a mess as well. We just got married yesterday, I am not ready for Cole to see me in this state. ”Please don’t come in,”

“Why?” Cole asked as he stopped turning the door handle.

“I’m not ready for you to see me after I just woke up,” I decided to tell the truth. “I look terrible,”

“Tegan,” Cole sighed. “You’re my wife and you’ll always be beautiful to me,”

“How can you know that when you’ve never seen me like this?”

“I just know but if it means that much to you that I don’t come in then, I won’t ok?”

Aww! He is so understanding. I would die if he came in and saw me like this.

“Ok,” I sighed in relief. I don’t have to worry yet. ”Give me a few minutes, I’ll meet you downstairs,”

“Sure but I insist on making you breakfast,” Cole insisted and I agreed otherwise he would ask me if he could come in again.

When I heard Cole’s footsteps heading away, I jumped out of the comfy bed and headed into the adjoined bathroom to get ready. I would have loved to have stayed in bed a few more hours but thanks to Cole my day had began. I hope this isn’t a recurring thing because I value my sleep.

When I was dressed and ready for the day, I headed downstairs where Cole was plating up breakfast. Scrambled eggs on toast and a warm cup of tea containing blood. Yum!

I made my way to the table and sat down before we both dug into the meal.

“You don’t have a habit of waking up this early do you?” I asked after a few bites.

“I don’t, it’s just today,” Cole eased my mind.

“That’s good because if it’s a recurring thing then we’re going to have a problem,” I said before getting back to my food. I missed the gulp from Cole.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!