Chapter 15 [Part 1]

Cole's pov

After a while of Tegan disappearing into the hospital, I was craving blood. I saw humans scurrying in and out of the hospital with worried looks on their faces. Their blood was calling out to me, I tried to ignore the feeling but it was impossible and I couldn't take it any longer.

I saw a human walk past my car and the next thing I knew, I was out of the car and my teeth were sunk into the human's neck. The blood was very refreshing and I wanted much more but then my thoughts reached Tegan. I had to pull my teeth out of the human's neck. I realised the human was a woman. Her scent is familiar, wait................ She smells like Tegan. What the hell is going on here? Why does this human smell of Tegan?

"How do you know Tegan?" I demanded.

"Tegan? I have a daughter named Tegan," the human replied. She had no choice to answer because I was forcing her to answer me with my Demonic abilities. Shit! I drank from Tegan's Mum, she won't be happy with me when she finds out, what if she leaves me?

"Did you touch Tegan?" I asked. She must have, why else would she smell of Tegan?

"No but I did hug her," that explains it. She can't naturally have the same scent as Tegan because she isn't Tegan's biological mother.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm headed home to make soup for my daughter's boyfriend because he is sick," Tegan's Mum explained. Now I feel really bad because I am her daughter's boyfriend well.......... Husband really but she can't know that. It's ok, I can fix this so Tegan never finds out.

"You won't remember my face or what happened and keep your neck covered, we don't want anyone finding out do we?" I commanded with my Demonic abilities before Tegan's Mum could leave.

"Of course not,"

"Now go make that soup,"

"Yes sir," my mother in law agreed before leaving.

All I have to do now is keep what just happened to myself and Tegan will never know.

Tegan's pov

A few hours later, Mum returned to the hospital with a food container. I presumed inside it was the soup.

"Hi Mum," I greeted with a smile.

"Hi Tegan. I've made the chicken and bean soup. You can take it to Cole now, he will feel much better after having some inside his system," Mum said before handing me the container. That's when I realised Mum was wearing a scarf around her neck.

"Mum why are you wearing a scarf round your neck?"

"I felt cold,"

"Mum it's like 30 degrees outside, it's too hot for a scarf around your neck," I exclaimed before tugging at Mum's scarf to get it off. Mum tried to stop me but I was too strong. Once the scarf was off, my eyes widened as I saw fang marks on Mum's neck. It's clear, Mum has been bitten by a supernatural creature.

"Mum what happened to your neck?" I asked.

"Nothing," Mum replied in confusion and I didn't question her any further about it because I knew she wouldn't remember anything about the bite. When a human gets drunk from, they become delirious and never recall what actually happened to them.