Chapter 10 [Part 1]

5 minutes later, I reached the hospital ward where my brother was. As soon as my mother saw me, she pulled me into her arms and sobbed her eyes out.

"It's good to see you Tegan," Mum told me.

"It's good to see you too Mum," I replied.

"How is he?" I looked at Liam, he was laying in a hospital bed with his eyes closed and was surrounded by different monitors.

"The same as before,"

"Why isn't Dad here?"

"He's on his way,"

"I'll stay with you until he arrives," I decided before we both took a seat by Liam's bedside.

A while later, Dad arrived and was happy to see me under the circumstances. Liam is his priority at the moment.

"Tegan I'm so glad you're here, we've all missed you especially Liam," Dad said after giving me a hug. "He hasn't taken your departure very well,"

"Well then, when he wakes up................... I'll spend time with him when I can," I promised.

"That's a great idea. I know you don't live with us anymore and we aren't your biological family but we love you as our own. We should spend time with each other,"

"I'd like that," I said and Dad pulled me into another hug.

"You are ok living on your own aren't you? I mean you're ok with money?" Dad asked worriedly and I shook my head. He always worries about me. I am so overwhelmed by the all the love I have received from a family who aren't really mine and a totally different species to me.

"Yes. Actually I've moved in with my hu- boyfriend," I replied, I almost said husband.

"You have a boyfriend?" Mum asked in surprise.

"Yes,"

"Who is he? He is treating you right isn't he?" Dad demanded. "You never told us you were seeing someone,"

"His name is Cole and he treats me well," I admitted the truth. Cole has been really sweet to me and has treated me like a husband should treat his wife. "I wasn't ready to tell anyone about him until now,"

"I understand but I want to meet him," Dad said firmly.

"Of course you do and you can meet him soon,"

"Good," Dad replied. That'll be interesting, a human Dad meeting my Demon husband. I'm not sure Cole will want to meet my family though or if it will be safe for them to meet. Cole could hurt my family easily. I guess I'll find out when they actually meet some day.

The Doctor walked into the room with some news for us.

"Mr and Mrs McGuire, I have some good news," the Doctor began.

"What is it Doctor?" Mum asked anxiously.

"Liam is showing good signs of improvement. I have no doubts that he will make a full recovery. It will just take him some time to wake up," the Doctor explained.