Chapter 26 [Part 1]

Cole's pov

After a night of passion, I was on cloud nine. It will be really difficult for me to go to work this morning with Tegan fast asleep in my arms. I don't want to leave her but I have to get ready now if I'm to get to work on time. As I tried to get Tegan out of my arms, her eyes opened which was just my luck because I knew she wouldn't let me leave.

"Where are you going?" Tegan asked me sleepily.

"Work," I replied.

"Noooooooooooo! You can't go," Tegan jumped into my lap then wrapped her arms around my waist and refused to let me go. I tried to get out of her clutches but it was impossible.

"Tegan," I cooed in my wife's ear.

"Yes Cole," Tegan replied sweetly as she looked up into my eyes with love.

"I have to go to work," I stated.

"No you don't," Tegan argued.

"Yes I do,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No," Tegan insisted and batted her eyelashes at me. She looks so adorable like that, how can I say no?

"Ok fine," I gave in with a sigh and Tegan smiled in happiness but her hold around me loosened a little.

"You can't do this next time Tegan. I have to go to work at some point and soon,"

"I know but not now, I need you here with me," Tegan snuggled into my chest.

"Tegan if you can't let me go now then how will you manage without me when I do go?"

"I'll survive some how," Tegan shrugged off.

"How?"

"I don't know. Maybe I should get a job too then we could leave together for work every morning and it will make it easier for us to be apart,"

"That's a great idea. I think I have an idea of where you can work," I replied.

"Where?" Tegan asked.

"You'll see,"

I tried to get Tegan out of my lap but she wouldn't budge, she wanted to know where she could work.

"It's a surprise Tegan," I said as I tried to peel Tegan's arms from around me. I don't want to remove her from the position we are in but we can't stay like this all day like we could before. Now we have Liam to think about who should be waking up soon, I'd be surprised if he isn't awake already because it must be hard for him to sleep with the pain he is currently in.

"I want to know now," Tegan whined.

"I'm not telling you now. Come on, let's get out of bed. Liam must be awake now,"

"Liam?" Tegan asked in confusion.

"Yes Liam, he is your brother remember?"

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot," Tegan jumped off my lap in an instant.

"You don't think he heard us last night do you, or this morning?" Tegan asked with worry.