Chapter 9 [Part 1]

Cole's pov

"The little-" I began to rage when Diago disappeared before I could punch him. Wimp. I can't believe he ran off instead of facing me. If he is that scared of me then why was he trying to convince my wife that I was going to hurt her? He must have known it would make me angry. If I lose Tegan because of Diago then next time I see him, he won't be able to get away from me. I am lethal right now, I thought he was my best friend. Best friend's don't do what he just did. He has a lot of explaining to do when he decides to show his ugly face again.

I looked at Tegan to calm myself. Wow! She looks extremely gorgeous, if only I could just-

"Cole?" Tegan cut off my thoughts in a calm voice.

I gulped. She's going to leave me isn't she? I can't let that happen, she is my wife and-

"Cole are you ok?" Tegan asked worriedly which surprised me. I really thought she was going to say she was going to leave me.

"I'm fine," I replied.

"Are you sure? You aren't worried about what Diago said are you? Diago didn't tell me anything I don't already know,"

"So you know Demons are dangerous? That I am dangerous?"

"Yes I know,"

"Tegan I would never hurt you," I rushed out before Tegan could even begin to think or question that I would ever hurt her.

"I know," Tegan surprised me again.

"Really?" I asked and Tegan nodded her head. I sighed in relief. She believes me.

"So you aren't going to leave me for not telling you?"

"No I'm not going to leave you, I already know Demon's are dangerous but I didn't expect Diago to warn me to be careful around you. Why would he say that you could hurt me?" Tegan questioned in confusion.

"I would never hurt you and he knows that so I am just as confused as you are. I don't understand why he would say something like that," I said before there was silence because neither of us knew what to say. I tried to think of a reason why Diago did what he did but I could think of nothing and ended up gazing into Tegan's beautiful eyes instead. I am so happy to have found my mate yet she knows nothing about mates.

We stayed looking into each other's eyes for quite a while, but then Tegan's phone started ringing and her gaze left mine.

"Hi Mum what's up?" Tegan asked nervously when she answered the call.

"I'm at the hospital," a female voice replied in a hoarse voice, I'm gathering she is Tegan's Mum and it sounds as if she has been crying. Tegan and I haven't spoken about either of our families yet, we've been too busy with each other to think about anything else but I am glad Tegan has a family other than me. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for me. Tegan is my only family.

"What do you mean you're at the hospital? Are you ok? You're not hurt are you?" Tegan questioned and began to worry.

"No I'm fine. It's Liam, he had an accident," Who the fuck is Liam?

"How?" Tegan asked anxiously.

"A car knocked him over when he was crossing the road," That doesn't sound good but if this Liam is interested in my Tegan then maybe it's a good thing he's been in an accident because it will mean he won't be able to steal Tegan from me.