Chapter 4.1 [Part 1]

Cole’s pov

While Tegan admired the living room, I watched her every move. I can’t believe she is finally here, my mate. I have a mate, me. The most feared Demon. Hopefully Tegan will never fear me but I will never harm her and she has nothing to fear. I will treat her like the queen she is, queen of my heart.

When Tegan was done looking around the room, our eyes locked.

“Can you show me around?” Tegan asked. Of course I will show her around, she didn’t need to ask, I was going to show her around anyway and-

“I’ll do it,” a familiar voice said before I could say anything. Tegan and I both turned around to see my so called best friend Diago with his signature smirk. What the fuck is he doing here?

Diago is tall and lean like me but I’m taller. He has Black hair and his eyes are obviously all black like every Demon. I’d say he is good looking but he is a player and can’t seem to stay with just one girl, he’s got a different girlfriend every week. He’s tried to get me into his ways but I refused because I wanted to save myself for the one I married and that’s what all Demons do except Diago. I’m glad I waited because I’ve finally met Tegan, my Life partner and soulmate.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I demanded angrily.

“Is that a way to welcome your best friend into your home?” Diago replied. Yes.

“You still haven’t answered my question,” I ignored Diago’s question. I need to know what the hell he is doing here. I’ve just brought my mate home, I want to be alone with her to get to know her. I can’t do that while Diago is here.

“Is it a crime to visit my friend?”

Yes was my answer but I didn’t say a word which was a big mistake as it led to Diago noticing my wife.

“Hello there gorgeous, you must be Cole’s wife,” Diago addressed my wife.

“Man you work fast, you just told me the other day you were looking for a wife,” Diago added before Tegan could reply and he turned to look at at me. I didn’t bother answering him.

“Anyway, I’m Diago,” Diago introduced himself when his attention turned back to my mate.

“Hello, I’m Tegan,” Tegan replied as Diago took her hand to shake. That made me angry, Diago shouldn’t be touching my wife’s hand, no one but me should. He must have realised what I was feeling as he apologised with a

“Sorry Cole. I know she’s your wife, I’ll keep my distance,”

Diago let go of Tegan’s hand and took a step away from her. About time.

“I’d better give you that tour I promised,” Diago told my wife. Does this guy never learn? If he wasn’t my best friend, I would have killed him by now. I know my wife is beautiful but that doesn’t give Diago the right to approach her like his many other women. Tegan is mine, Diago better realise that he can’t mess with her soon or I could end up killing him, best friend or not.

“What?” Diago asked when he saw the glare on my face. “It’s the only way I will get to know your wife. You don’t want me to hate her do you?”

At the moment, I don’t want anyone near my wife especially Diago but I don’t want to appear possessive when I’ve just met Tegan. It could scare her away but if Diago tries anything with her, he’s a dead man.

“Fine, you can show Tegan around but you’d better be back in here in 10 minutes or I will kill you,” I agreed with a threat.

“As you wish,” Diago agreed to my terms. “Follow me Tegan,”

Tegan left to go in the other room with Diago but I made sure to keep an ear out on them. One wrong move and Diago is going to get it.

They made small talk while Diago showed Tegan around the first floor minus the garden as it had been raining for the past few minutes.

They headed back into the living room and my eyes instantly met with Tegan’s. She is truly beautiful, I could watch her all day.

Tegan’s gaze left mine when she followed Diago upstairs.

“What’s in there?” I heard Tegan ask curiously. I’m guessing it’s the room I banned Diago from when I came home one day from work to find him in there with some woman.

“Cole won’t let anyone in there, it’s always locked,” Diago replied. It’s only him I won’t let in thereI’d be happy for Tegan to go in there.

“This place is like a mansion. Is Cole rich?”

“Yes he is and now, so are you,”

“Wow! What does he do?” Tegan asked.

“He works at an advice bureau which he owns,” Diago replied hesitantly, I understand why.

“Cole’s an advisor?”

“Yes for supernatural beings as well as humans and he’s one of the best,” Diago replied. When is this guy going to shut it? Why is he telling my wife everything? When I get to talk to her, they’ll be nothing to say. Why did I allow Diago to show Tegan around again? I could have done it and would have loved to see Tegan’s reaction to my house which is now ours.

They seemed to be taking a lot longer than 10 minutes. Diago is asking for it. What’s he doing with my wife? It’s gone awfully quite up there? What’s going on? I asked myself as I grabbed the TV remote and began to flick through the channels to pass the time.

After some time, I noticed my wife and Diago walk into the room. I instantly turned the T.V off.

“You were gone longer than 10 minutes,” I noted with an angry glare towards Diago.

“I unpacked my stuff,” Tegan explained and my eyes softened as they met hers.

“I’d better be off,” Diago said. It’s about time he left. Although, I still have no idea what he was doing here in the first place.

“It was nice meeting you,”
Tegan said with a smile.

“It was nice meeting you too, I’ll see you later,” Diago returned my wife’s smile, he nodded at me and then left. Good riddance.

“I guess it’s just you and me now Cole,” Tegan said as our eyes met. I grinned. I finally have my mate to myself.

“You like the sound of that don’t you?” Tegan said with a knowing look as my grin grew before I replied

“Yes I believe I do,”

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow for more updates!