Chapter 31 [Part 1]

Tegan's pov

"Tegan," Cole mumbled in my ear.

"Hmm," I replied.

"Now that I've met both of your parents and Liam can walk again, I think it's a good idea to tell them we're engaged,"

"Cole you just met my Dad 2 weeks ago. We should wait a while to tell them. Why don't you spend time with Dad so he can trust you before we tell them?" I suggested.

"You're right but it's hard for me to be around him. You don't know how close I came to going for his throat when he spoke to me in his car. All I could smell was his blood,"

"Don't worry, in time you'll get used to his blood and I was meaning to ask you......."

"Ask me what?"

"What did you and Dad talk about?"

"Nothing much," Cole replied but I knew he was lying.

"If it wasn't much then you won't mind telling me,"

"Ok fine. Your Dad threatened me. He said if I ever hurt you then I'll have him to deal with," Cole admitted.

"I'm sorry about that," I apologised but it was normal of my Dad to do that. I'm his daughter, he's very protective over me. What he doesn't know is that I can protect myself, I'm a Vampire. If Cole was to hurt me, Dad wouldn't be able to hurt him with being human and I would be heart broken but I would get over it, somehow like I did with my previous marriages.

"It's ok. I was expecting that. He is your father, any father is his position would have done the same and it's not like he can hurt me anyway. He's human and I'm a Demon, it would be no match,"

"So how are you going to get to know Dad?"

"I don't know,"

"Don't worry. we'll think of something," I said before pulling Cole close for a hug.

After a couple of minutes of cuddling with Cole, an idea came to my head.

"I have an idea. Dad likes fishing. When you're ready, the two of you can go together," I told Cole.

"Sounds great but I don't know how to fish," Cole replied. That's surprising, I thought Cole would have been a professional fisherman like he seems to be at everything. He's good at his job, he's a great cook and amazing in bed.

"You can't fish?" I asked before I could blush from that last thought of mine.

"No. I've never been fishing,"

"That's ok. I'll teach you. I used to go fishing with Dad and Liam every weekend,"

"So you're an expert,"

"You could say that,"

"That's good. When do you want to teach me?"

"How about today? You aren't going to work are you?"

"No, today's my day off,"

"Perfect,"

Cole's Pov

A few hours later, we were at the nearest fishing area. We had chosen a spot where we would be alone and where we wouldn't be interrupted.

"Not like that Cole," Tegan told me when I wasn't winding the fishing line correctly. I know how to fish properly, I have been fishing before but I told Tegan I knew nothing about it so she would teach me and be close to me like she is now. We sat on the ground side by side with a fishing rod in my hands.

"No Cole lower," Tegan disagreed as I purposely held the fishing rod too high. Tegan began to lower it for me.

"That's it," Tegan encouraged as I tried to wind up the fishing line with it being too short.

I don't know how it happened but a few minutes later, the fishing line was tangled around my hands.

"Oh Cole," Tegan sighed before untangling the fishing line from my hands but her hands got tangled with my own and I had to untangle the fishing line from both of our hands.

I've had enough of pretending. I stood up onto my feet before expertly handling the fishing rod and throwing the hook in the water.

Not long after, the fishing line began to move and I knew something was caught. I began to wind the fishing line towards me until it was out of the water.

I had caught a descent sized cod fish, I took it off the hook and placed it in the ice bag we'd brought along for our catch.

I looked at Tegan who was sitting on the ground with her mouth hanging open in surprise. I sat beside her before holding her top lip with one hand and the bottom lip with the other. I closed Tegan's mouth before giving her a kiss.

"You knew how to fish all along didn't you?" Tegan asked with a knowing look.

"Yep," I admitted immediately.

"I knew it, there was no need to lie about it,"

"I'm sorry but I wanted you to teach me,"

"But you already know how to fish, so this was a waste of time," Tegan argued.

"It wasn't a waste of time, we got to spend time together," I disagreed.

"We always spend time together Cole. If you had admitted to me that you knew how to fish then we could have done something else together,"

"Something like what?" I asked curiously. I would love to know what Tegan is thinking in that beautiful mind of hers but it's a shame I do not have that privilege even with my Demonic abilities, I can't read minds.

"Something that wasn't fishing," Tegan replied.

"I'm sorry, we'll go home and get cleaned up then we'll do something that's not fishing,"

"Like what?" Tegan asked.

"Like cook this lovely fish I've just caught,"

"Ok," Tegan agreed.

We packed all the fishing gear up before heading home.

When we were home, I decided to make some chips with our catch.

"This is pretty good Cole," Tegan told me after taking her first bite of the fish.

"Thanks,"

"Now you can go fishing with Dad,"

"I'm not sure I want to go fishing with your father. After he threatened me, he could easily try to kill me and he'll end up dead. Can't we just go over to your parents house every week and I'll hang out with him alone while you are around if anything happens?" I asked with hopeful eyes.

"Sure, that's not a bad idea,"

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!