Chapter 12 [Part 1]

A few hours later, Tegan finally arrived home, she looked as beautiful as ever and looked relieved to be home.

"Hi Cole," Tegan greeted me with a smile and made her way over to me for a kiss on the cheek. I can't wait for that to change to a kiss on the mouth. As much as I love Tegan's cheek kisses, I would prefer mouth kisses.

"Hi Tegan," I replied with a smile as Tegan got comfortable on the sofa beside me and my hands went to her waist to keep her close to me. I almost forgot I wanted to talk to her. Whenever my eyes are on Tegan, all else is forgotten but I must talk to her. If I don't things will stay the way they are between us and we'll never move forward. "Liam any better?"

"He's doing great, the Doctor said he can go home tomorrow," Tegan told me. I can't wait for Liam to be discharged so I can have my wife to myself. "I'm so relieved,"

Tegan sighed in relief before frowning.

"I meant it when I said I am sorry about all this. Me going to the hospital everyday leaving little time for us." Tegan told me.

"I know, it's ok Tegan. Really it is," I assured Tegan. "However, there is something I want to talk to you about,"

"Really? What do you want to talk about?"

"Us," I admitted. It's now or never.

"What about us?" Tegan asked in confusion. "Aren't you happy with me anymore? Are you going to dump me?"

I only meant to tell Tegan I wanted to move on with her not upset her. I would never dream of dumping her, she is my mate. I couldn't dump her even if I wanted to.

"I knew this would happen," Tegan said with teary eyes. "It's because of me leaving you every day to see Liam isn't it? I've been so concerned about him that I've ignored you. I'm really sorry, I never meant for that to happen. I'm just really worried about him, he's my only sibling and-"

"Tegan calm down. I'm not going to dump you," I cut Tegan off. I hate seeing her upset. I promised myself that I would never let a tear fall from her eyes again but here I am doing it again. She is almost crying because of me.

"You aren't?" Tegan asked in surprise and smiled.

"Of course not," I confirmed. "I would never do that,"

Tegan's smile widened and she pulled me close for a hug.

"I'm so relieved to hear you say that. When you said you wanted to talk, I assumed it was to leave me," Tegan admitted. "If you aren't going to dump me then what else could you want to talk about us?"

"I want to tell you something first," I said as I took Tegan's hand in mine. Tegan declared her love for me while thinking I didn't hear but I did. I'd hoped she'd tell me again while she knew I was awake but she hasn't. Perhaps if I tell her, she will say it back. "I've wanted to tell you this since the day we met but I didn't want to scare you away but now that we've been together a few months, I think you should know how I feel about you.

I thought I would never find someone to spend my life with but I did Tegan. I found you and I couldn't be happier. I love you,"

Tegan's eyes went wide in shock for a second before she smiled.

"I love you too," Tegan replied with a blush and we both gazed into each other's eyes with love. I knew it was a good idea to tell her how I felt.

I leaned down to get my lips level with Tegan's and I was about to go in for a kiss but I didn't get to because we heard someone take a seat beside us and clear their throat. I looked to my left to see it was Diago and groaned.