Chapter 8 [Part 1]

The next day, Cole told me he had to leave for a few hours to sort out a work issue.

"I thought you were on leave," I replied sadly. I don't want Cole to leave. In fact, I don't want to be without him and we've already grown attached to each other. I wasn't expecting for that to happen so soon. We've only known each other for a week.

"I don't want to go believe me but it's important I sort this out today," Cole told me with a frown as he grabbed his car keys and slipped on his black jacket before making his way towards me. He looks like how I feel. Disappointed. Reluctant. I'm glad I'm not the only one not happy with him having to leave. I enjoyed spending time with him last week. I'd hoped for that to continue. I don't understand why Cole has to go to work now when he has a few weeks left of the leave he took and he is his own boss. He could stay at home with me and forget about going to work to sort out the problem. "I'll be back as soon as I can,"

Cole put an arm around my shoulders and looked deep into my eyes then leaned down to place a soft kiss on my cheek. I love those cheek kisses, they are sweet and I can't get enough of them. They don't make me anxious like the lip kiss from last week. I hope I will come to terms with that before Cole tries again.

"I'll see you later," Cole said and then he reluctantly let go of me. I could see in his eyes, he didn't want to leave me with the slow steps he took away from me with quick glances back to me.

"Bye," I replied before Cole opened the door and left leaving me feeling very empty inside. I wonder why that is. Cole obviously means a lot more to me than I am willing to admit. I don't know what I am going to do while he is gone.

I took a seat on the couch and remained there for who knows how long before I heard the doorbell ring. I sighed before going to see who it was. To my surprise, it was Diago dressed in all black. He reminds me so much of Cole.

"Diago? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"It's nice to see you again too Tegan," Diago sarcastically replied before turning serious. "Cole told me he had to leave and asked if I could keep you company seeing as it was my day off work. You can guess what my answer was as I'm here,"

Aww! My husband is a sweetheart. He got Diago to come over to keep me company while he was gone.

"You'd better come in," I said with a smile and Diago stepped inside.

"So," I said when we'd both taken a seat. "Why don't you tell me a little more about yourself. We didn't really get to talk when we met,"

"There's nothing to tell. I'm single and work for Cole,"

"How did that come about? You working for your best friend?" I asked curiously.

"I found Cole as a newly turned Demon and helped him control the blood lust. He returned the favour by giving me a job at his company once it got going and we soon became best friends," Diago explained.

"That's so sweet," I cooed.

"You're the one who is sweet," Diago disagreed. "I can't understand what a sweet girl like you is doing with someone like Cole,"

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion. What the hell is Diago talking about? Someone like Cole? I know I've only known Cole for a week but he has been really sweet to me so what is Diago trying to tell me here?

"You're such a sweetheart and Cole............ He's far from it," Diago paused before muttering "He's dangerous,"

"What was that?" I pretended to not have heard what Diago said. Dangerous? How can Cole be dangerous? Aren't all Demon's dangerous?

"Cole is a very wild Demon and can be very dangerous if you mess with him," Diago said.

"I'm his wife, he wouldn't do anything to hurt me," I replied confidently. If Cole was going to hurt me, he would have done it already but he hasn't. He's been really good to me. I have never once felt unsafe around him so why is Diago saying otherwise?

"I know but be careful," Diago warned.

"Are you saying Cole would hurt me?" I asked. I don't believe Diago. It's no secret all Demons are dangerous so why is Diago telling me something I already know? He better not be stirring things up between Cole and I for a laugh.

"Maybe if you're not careful,"

"Why does he think Cole is dangerous?" I questioned to myself.

"Because Cole is Cole. He will get what he wants when he wants. If I'd have met you before you met him and told you what he was like then you wouldn't have agreed to this marriage," Diago answered my question.

"I can't believe this Diago, he won't hurt me,"

"I know he won't, he loves you," Diago told me confidently.

"Really?" I asked with a smile. Cole loves me?

"Yes. He is mean to everyone including me his best friend but he's different around you, he loves you. I saw the way he was around you when we met, he was unwilling to let me show you around which means you're special to him and he won't hurt you," Diago assured me.

"If you believe that he won't hurt me then why did you say he would?" I questioned in confusion before realising we weren't alone. Cole was stood behind Diago and he was fuming. Diago was unaware of Cole's presence. Cole is going to kill him.

"That is a very good question Tegan," Cole's soft eyes met mine before they turned angry as his gaze went to Diago.

"Please do enlighten us Diago," Cole leered at his best friend who finally noticed him and gulped as Cole stepped forward with a murderous look on his face.

"Shit," Diago cursed before Cole's fist headed towards Diago's nose. However, before Diago could get hit, he disappeared.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!