Chapter 22.1 [Part 1]

Liam's pov

The past few weeks have not been good for me what with the accident. I was in pain all the time, I still am but it's not as bad as before. I don't know what happened, one minute I was crossing the road after school and the next I woke up in hospital. I don't remember what happened but Mum said I was involved in a car accident.

The owner of the car came to see me to apologise, he said he didn't see me and he confessed to the police. He was let off with a minor fine and 100 hours of community service because his criminal record was clean, not anymore.

Anyway there has been a benefit out of all this. I wouldn't settle at home and missed Tegan so much that Mum decided I should stay with Tegan to recover from my ordeal. I agreed happily and here I am in Tegan's house laying on a comfy sofa.

Mum popped her head around the door.

"Liam I'm going to head off now," Mum told me.

"Ok," I replied.

"Be good for Tegan,"

"I will," I agreed.

"Ok, I'll see you in two weeks," Mum came into the room to hug me.

"Remember to change your underwear everyday and brush your teeth ok," Mum made my cheeks go red.

"Mum I know, I'm 15," I whined.

"And I packed you some soup, make sure Tegan heats it up for you later,"

"Ok Mum,"

"I love you,"

"Yeah yeah," I said before Mum hugged me again then finally left me alone. I'm glad I won't be seeing her for two weeks. I know she's my Mum and I love her but she fusses over me too much and since my accident even more than usual. I know Tegan will probably fuss too but in a sisterly way, she won't ever be like Mum.

I heard the front door close and then I heard voices, it must be Tegan and her boyfriend. I heard footsteps coming towards me. Tegan walked into the room with a man. He had short black hair and blue eyes, he was also very muscular and tall.

"This is Cole," Tegan told me.

"Hi," I greeted Cole.

"Hi, you must be Liam. How are you feeling?" Cole asked in a deep voice but it wasn't too deep.

"Much better thanks,"

"Wow! You didn't tell me your brother is well behaved for a teenager. I was expecting a rebellious 15 year old," Cole was amazed.

"I know and I want to keep it that way so don't give him any ideas," Tegan hit Cole on his arm playfully.

"I wasn't giving him any ideas, I was just saying he's not what I expected,"

"Good because he's here to rest," Tegan told Cole before turning to me.

"Would you like that soup Mum packed now?"

"Yes thanks,"

"Ok I'll go and heat it up, you stay here," Tegan told Cole who didn't seem to like that and gave a longing look towards the direction Tegan had left as he sat on an empty sofa.

"So what kind of stuff are you into?" Cole asked me curiously a minute later. As we chatted and waited for Tegan to come back, I thought Cole isn't so bad so far but I'll find out whether he is good enough for my sister during my stay here.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!