Chapter 39 [Part 1]

Cole's pov

Work was dragging on, the clients I had were being very fussy with what they needed help with. I had to kick one of them out because I got fed up. To make matters worse I got a visit from Carl.

"What do you want?" I snapped. Carl was too surprised with my tone of voice to speak because I had never spoken to him like that before. "Well, spit it out. I haven't got all day,"

"I was wondering if you'd like to go for a drink after work," Carl mumbled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear that," I pretended to not have heard him. Carl repeated his question as loudly as was possible.

"Carl I am happily married, I can't do that,"

"I know but it's only as friends,"

"We aren't friends Carl,"

"We could be,"

"Carl I am your boss, we can't be friends,"

"Who says?"

"I say, now if you'll close the door on your way out," I pointed to the door. Carl looked disappointed, so he should be for pestering me. How desperate can he get? Why can't he get it in his thick little human skull that I am not gay, I like females-only one woman really and she's at home waiting for me. Unfortunately, I can't go home to Tegan yet because I'm not done here and when I am, I will have to go to my second job.

"Why don't you like me?" Carl asked.

"Carl-" I began to say.

"You always avoid me when you see me and never talk to me. Is there something wrong with me?" Carl asked sadly. Yeah you are gay and I'm not was what I wanted to say but didn't.

"There is something wrong isn't there?" Carl asked with a knowing look when I didn't answer. He then ran out of the room in tears, these gay guys are so dramatic. Carl really needs to get over me and go after someone who is actually gay and will feel an attraction towards him, he's wasting he's time on me but seems to be smitten with me. It creeps me out, having a gay admirer. It doesn't look like he'll ever get over me, I need to come up with something to get him away.

When it was time for me to leave and get to my second job, I stopped to see Carl first.

"Carl?"

"Yes Cole," Carl sniffed, he must still be upset about earlier.

"I want to see you in my office first thing tomorrow morning,"

"Why?" Carl asked in surprise.

"Just be in my office tomorrow and you'll find out,"

"Ok," Carl agreed and his face seemed to brighten up a little. I left the building and got into my car. I grabbed my phone and called Diago.

"Hi Cole what's up," Diago answered on the first ring.

"I need a favour,"

After my second job, I was exhausted and couldn't wait to get home to my beautiful Tegan. What I did see when I got home was not what I was expecting. Tegan was nowhere in sight and my office door was open. The secret room I had was also open with Tegan standing in the middle. Oh no she's found my secret stash of-