Chapter 7 [Part 1]

1 week later

In the past week my routine had been pretty much the same every day, I just stayed in the house with Cole, I didn't bother going out again after what happened last week. Cole and I haven't talked about our kiss yet. I really wasn't expecting him to kiss me. It only lasted a few seconds but it was special. When it ended, I was too much in a daze to ask him what had angered him but it clearly wasn't me that angered him like I'd thought because if I had angered him then he wouldn't have kissed me right? I didn't get the chance to ask him because without a word, Cole disappeared.

I don't know where he went but when he returned an hour later, neither of us mentioned the kiss and we seemed to move on. Both us have acted like it never happened but I don't want it to be that way. I enjoyed the kiss and want to find out how Cole feels about it. I hope he doesn't think it was a mistake and tells me that he doesn't want this marriage anymore. I really want to make a go of this. I think we could be happy together and don't want to be alone again.

This week with him has been great! We've spent a lot of time together but the elephant is always in the room and I can't take it any longer, I need to know what he is thinking. It is time for us to talk about the kiss.

"Cole?" I said.

"Yes," Cole replied.

"I don't think I can do this anymore," I admitted.

"Do what anymore?" Cole asked in confusion.

"I can't take it anymore. We need to talk about what happened. We can't just keep ignoring it,"

"I know," Cole sighed. "Let's talk,"

"Do you regret it?" I asked nervously.

"No of course not," Cole replied quickly.

"Then why did you disappear? Why were you even angry before it happened? Was it because of me? I did say I was sorry that I-"

"It wasn't because of you," Cole silenced me by taking my hand in his. "I was angry with myself for waking you up so early. If I hadn't then I wouldn't have messed things up between us and you wouldn't have had needed time away from me.

While you were gone I just hated myself more and more and thought I'd lost you but then you returned and I was so happy, I was given another chance and........"

"You kissed me," I completed Cole's sentence.

"I kissed you," Cole agreed. "I don't know why I disappeared, I just panicked. I'm sorry,"

"It's ok. So you don't regret kissing me?" I asked.

"No," Cole smiled with a suggestive smile as he squeezed my hand. "That kiss was the highlight of our time together so far,"

"That's good, I was worried you regretted it and that's why you disappeared," I admitted and sighed in relief to know the feelings I had about the kiss were mutual with Cole's. I also agree with Cole's words. The kiss was also the highlight of our time together so far but I think the timing wasn't right because we'd just gotten married the day before it happened.

My gaze turned towards the window to see the garden and I remembered the weather was good and I still hadn't been in the garden. I'd completely forgotten with all the tension surrounding the kiss we shared.

"Where are you going?" Cole asked when he saw me stand up with our hands still attached.

"I want to see the garden," I replied. Cole nodded his head and stood up too. He pulled my hand to follow him towards the back door.

The garden is ginormous. The floor is all bricks and empty except for a table and chairs which are covered by a massive umbrella so there is no mud, grass or flowers which is a shame but at least I can walk around for a bit were my thoughts as I walked around the garden once we had stepped outside.

After a couple of minutes, I took a seat at one of the chairs and Cole obviously joined me as we were still hand in hand. It's a sunny day so I might as well sit out here for a bit.

This is nice and apart from our misunderstanding earlier, Cole and I's marriage is at a good start. I hope it stays that way.

"We're cool now aren't we?" Cole asked suddenly with worried eyes. Why is he still worrying about that? He explained why he left and I understand. This relationship is new, we are going to make mistakes before we get comfortable with each other and begin to love each other, hopefully. "You aren't going to leave?"

"Of course I'm not, we're cool," I assured Cole with a squeeze of his hand and he smiled then leaned forward. Oh no! He's going to kiss me again. I began to panic for no reason. I'm not ready even though our first kiss was amazing.

I sighed in relief when Cole's lips briefly met my cheek. I felt my cheeks going red.

"You aren't ready for more kisses are you?" Cole asked with a knowing look. "I know it was too soon to kiss you, we just got married the day before but I don't regret it and I'll wait until you're ready to do it again," Cole assured me and I nearly melted. He is so nice and understanding for a Demon. I never thought Demons could be so lovely. Something seems to nagging at the back of my head questioning whether there is catch to Cole's kindness. I hope there isn't a catch to having such a hot husband but what if there is? What am I going to do then?

I hope it doesn't come to that but I am going to have to prepare my heart for ache if Cole is hiding something from me or if I haven't met his true self yet. My heart couldn't take another failed marriage, I just have to hope nothing bad will come to be.

AN~If you've been reading both versions of the story so far then you will now have a preference and can choose which one to continue reading and which one to ignore. Out of curiosity, which version do you prefer? The original or this alternative version?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!