Chapter 28 [Part 1]

"Tegan you're ok," Liam said with a sigh of relief when he saw his older sister walking towards him.

"Yeah I am. I'm so sorry, I just left you alone all day. I don't know what came over me. Do you forgive me?" Tegan asked with hopeful eyes.

"Of course I forgive you and I'm so glad you're ok. I got really worried about you,"

"Don't worry, I won't let it happen again. I think this should stay between us too. If Mum and Dad found out then I don't think they'd let me take care of you ever again,"

"Like I'm going to tell them. I've only been here a day and like it better than home. I know you regret today and would never neglect me on purpose,"

"You're so understanding. What did I do to deserve you eh?" Tegan said and gave Liam a hug who returned it happily.

Wow! They have a really strong bond even though they aren't blood related, I've never seen anything like it before. I used to have a younger brother when I was human and all we used to do was fight. Not once did we show each other any love or trust towards each other like Liam and Tegan have just now.

"Cole I'm bursting for the toilet," Liam told me when the siblings pulled apart.

"Ok. Let's get you upstairs," I said and began to lift Liam.

"I'll get started on dinner," Tegan told us before disappearing to the kitchen.

I carried Liam upstairs and into the bathroom.

We returned a few minutes later.

"Do you want to play video games while we're waiting for the food?" I asked Liam as I sat him down in the sofa room.

"I thought you'd never ask," Liam replied.

We began to play some video games and the time seemed to fly by until Tegan walked into the room.

"Dinner's ready," Tegan announced.

"Ok, we're coming," I replied and grabbed Liam before going into the dining room.

2 minutes later, we were all tucking in to our food. Liam is eating a lot faster than any of us, I don't blame him because he hasn't eaten all day.

"Calm down Liam, you'll choke on your food," I warned the teenager.

"But I'm starving," Liam whined with his mouth full. Why does the kid never close his mouth when he is eating?

"Don't talk with your mouth full," I chided.

"Cole let him eat," Tegan defended her brother. Tegan's mouth is full of food too but she looks cute. If Liam wasn't here, I would pinch her cheek.

"So how was your first day back at work?" Tegan asked curiously.

"It was boring. I didn't have any clients today because they had no idea I was back but they will know by tomorrow so I'll probably be busy then. I am the most popular advisor in town after all," I replied.

"If you weren't busy then you should have come home,"

"I could have but I had a lot of paper work to catch up on," I lied.